Well this is an issue.

WA08TC

Got all my parts back from powder for the suspension, it seems at some time between having a buddy punch out the rivets and getting the powder done the arm got bend. Didn't notice it until now. Can't find tubulars in stock on zzp (lsj only) and ottp wants an arm and a leg. Anyone have a spare driver's side fe5 or any ideas?
17205629039036916056407245901359.jpg
17205629482628869620489505100086.jpg

WA08TC

I have the moog pucks, ottp bushings ready to press in and lnf ball joints ready to bolt on. Is there something special between lnf and lsj as far as layout goes? Ottp has a $250 upcharge for lnf.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I think the only possible difference might be the ball joint mounting holes spacing/size, but I don't know that they are different. OTTP may just have the last remaining stock LNF control arms and charging for it. There hasn't been anyone showing availability of actual stock LNF arms in years.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
This won't work on the LNF, ball joint will be the wrong size. Hard to say if your LNF ball joint will match to the mounting of aftermarket arm, but "probably" will. If you are buying and changing the ball joint and bushings anyway, I would buy the cheapest aluminum arm they have. FE5 doesn't mean much in this case.

WA08TC

I'm just in the position of mounting holes not lining up or control arm length is off. I am replacing everything yes, but don't want to have to shell out 5-600+ for tubular arms just want to make sure if I order some they will work.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Well RockAuto list them for the LNF although they 99% won’t work. Order them, check the ball joint mount spacing and if it won’t work then return.
I’ve never seen any mention of any difference besides the ball joint.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I'm very curious on how that actually got that bent. Someone had to work pretty hard to have bent it that much.

WA08TC

Don't wanna deal in this heat with getting the rivets out and having bushings pressed out and powdering and all that. Working some OT today picked up a for sale set of the zzp tubulars. I'll just bolt on my moog tie rod I have in a box and sell my ottp delrins.

Desert Sasqwatch

Bigfoot Goblin
Is there certainty the ZZP arms have the correct ball joints for the LNF hub uprights? Last time I checked with ZZP they couldn't get the LNF ball joints anymore (like the rest if us). I would call them to be certain before ordering, otherwise the ball joint replacement exercise will be happening with these more expensive LCAs anyway.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
ZZP describes the difference correctly for the aluminum type control arm so it sounds like they would be correct. There must be a supplier that has figured out the correct ball joint.

WA08TC

I bought 20.5 moog ball joints back when I bought all my parts initially because I was going to remove everything and bolt on the ball joint after powder. The zzp tubulars are 19.5 I believe. Hopefully actually have 20.5 bolt ons at home.

WA08TC

Not the ideal route I wanted to go. But it is what it is. Just glad someone had a for sale set so saves me a lot of time and headache.