What is this sensor for?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Hard to tell. Closest thing I can see on the Alldatadiy diagrams would be the Barometric Sensor. #711 (assuming you got this diagram from alldatadiy) would be the Map Sensor.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Yes, that is the barometer sensor. Manifold pressure - barometer pressure = boost pressure.

Ross

Goblin Guru
No. Just electricity. It is measuring outside air pressure, like the weatherman would.

Update: It must have access to the intake to measure the supercharger inlet pressure. So it has electricity and access to the inlet.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
MAP- manifold air pressure.

it dubs also as the barometric pressure sensor. On ”key on” it detects barometric pressure, then when started, it’s you MAP, which is also a boost sensor.

Ross

Goblin Guru
MAP- manifold air pressure.

it dubs also as the barometric pressure sensor. On ”key on” it detects barometric pressure, then when started, it’s you MAP, which is also a boost sensor.
I learned something! There is a MAP sensor before and after the supercharger... So I was wrong, it must have a tube to the intake.

So #1 in this image is:
MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE (MAP) SENSOR REPLACEMENT (SCIP)
supercharger inlet pressure (SCIP) sensor

The blue circle below:
MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE (MAP) SENSOR REPLACEMENT (TMAP)
temperature manifold absolute pressure (TMAP) sensor

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Kind of a small secret (And it’ll depend on the vehicle).

if you drive somewhere that there a big elevation change and your car starts to run bad, shut off the key and let the computer go to sleep. Then restart it and go. The map will see the baro difference and adapt from there.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
No. Just electricity. It is measuring outside air pressure, like the weatherman would.

Update: It must have access to the intake to measure the supercharger inlet pressure. So it has electricity and access to the inlet.
This has me terribly confused. My #2 MAP was never connected to anything hose-wise and is the baro sensor. This is the exact same sensor (make/model) as #1 in your photo, which should be the supercharger inlet sensor.

The TMAP (blue circle) is where the IAT2 temps come from, which I don't understand the thought process of the placement of the sensor because it's so high and out of the flow of air and stuck up in a corner. I think it tends to measure stagnant air that is heat-soaked from the placement.