Wheel and tire recommendations

Brocker

I just got my Goblin and am feverishly assembling it so I can get out to the track. I sold both my Z06's and don't want to take my C8 to the track. Also, I'm a mechanical tyro and need help - always taken the cars to dealers for maintenance.

I plan to have two sets of wheels/tires. One set with grip and the other for general purpose, rain, street. I was thinking of copying Justin Reed who wrote me that he is running Jegs 15x10s with 5.5 backspacing. Tires are either Hoosier slicks or a 245 45 15.

Sorry, don't have a clue what all that means -- need a cook book for now.

I need specific recommendation on exactly what rims and tires to get. Don't mind having different sizes. I also need to know what extras are needed to fit the wheels - spacers, extended lugs, etc.

Probably would prefer a square set up but will listen to objections. Don't care a hoot for looks.

I'm not super competitive but do like to have fun....

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Check in the Wheels and Tires section in the forum, there is more than enough information in there to help you with your decision making. :D

Ross

Goblin Guru
What bolt pattern do you have? The base kit uses 4x100mm bolt circle, the SS kits use 5x110mm, and DF will sell you 5x114.3mm if you get your hubs re-drilled. The 5x114.3mm gives you the largest selection of wheels.

That is what I used to find these wheels. Jegs has the this SSR Spike pattern too with 7.5" back spacing, 6.5" back spacing, 5.5" back spacing or 4.5" back spacing.

Jegs sells the Hoosier slicks here, but they don't seem to be in stock.
I'm not sure what street tire to recommend, as I can't find 245mm wide 15" tires, but Justin did, so someone has to make them.

PS, you can follow my signature, to create your own signature, so we don't have to ask "What donor do you have?"

Dale E

SCCA Nationals was this week, so probably all the tires you all are after went to the participants for this weeks racing. And the tire manufactures have booths at the race to sell and mount/balance tires as needed.

Dale