Wheel wobble under heavy braking

Christopher Sanchez

Hey guys, so I am having pretty significant wheel wobble under heavy braking to the front two wheels.. Now my goblin is no where near “dialed in” since my first drive i have made corrections to the alignment but no local will work on it.. I have one friend of a friend. A tech at a local Chevrolet dealer as agreed to give it a shot on his day off but Our schedules have not lined up.. I ended up purchasing some toe plates and used the level on my IPhone to adjust the rear. The car is MUCH more controlled under acceleration after this adjustment.. I am still on the stock bushing in the rear and you can see a definite flex in them so solid bushings are on the list.. so back to the front I remember riding in the SC kit at DF and Lonny would hit the brakes and instantly the car would lock up and stay straight.. now I have adjusted the front toe using the toe plates and was surprised when this issue did not seem to improve.. I have yet to set the front camber so I hope this will eliminate this issue.. I have also set the front shocks close to the stiffest setting which seemed to help the fronts remain stable when riding at highway speeds on bumpy roads.. I have used the thread on adjusting the alignment and plan to finish the front but I am wondering if any others have had this issue. I should also mention the rear is on stock springs that I cut a tad low so the rear is probably .5-1 inch lower than the fronts until I buy the coil over kit. Any advice is appreciated!

Motoracer110

I had wheel wobble like that in my work truck and it ended up being an alignment issue. Very odd that your wobble did not improve. I hope when it comes time I’ll be able to get a shop to do my alignment here or I’m sol

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Eh, you don't need to the shops to do the alignment. I thought I did to get it spot on but found out later after two alignments, it was pretty screwed up. But YOU have to know how to do it correctly. Ditch the iPhone app, it's junk, especially if you have a case on it.

You have to make sure the caster, camber, and runout are all correct before you finish with the toe. Toe is one of the last things you adjust, you are adjusting the final but not the others. There is a good post on here from Lonny on how to do it from start to finish. Sure helped out car out!

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
You have to make sure the caster, camber, and runout are all correct before you finish with the toe. Toe is one of the last things you adjust, you are adjusting the final but not the others. There is a good post on here from Lonny on how to do it from start to finish. Sure helped out car out!
I agree with Chad.
The cheap angle gauge from Harbor Freight will work fine https://www.harborfreight.com/Digital-Angle-Gauge-63615.html or this one from Amazon.

I used the post under the DIY alignment thread. I was either exact or +-0.1 on all the measurements. My car is on rails! I do have a very slight pull to the right but not going to worry about it.