WTB LSJ Oil Pan

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Rockauto list one for $75.

I don’t know what the difference is but the non sc have more selections and include a GM.

Robinjo

I was just checking here first. Rock Auto has let me down on parking brake cables (twice) so I was a little nervous on the oil pan.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
If your needing an oil pan, you might check with OTTP and get their baffled oil pan since your replacing it anyways.
That is if your going to do any autox or track days. Added protection/peace of mind.

Robinjo

If your needing an oil pan, you might check with OTTP and get their baffled oil pan since your replacing it anyways.
That is if your going to do any autox or track days. Added protection/peace of mind.
I looked all over the OTTP and ZZP sites and did not find an oil pan for the LSJ (or any other oil pan). Do you have a link per chance?

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I looked all over the OTTP and ZZP sites and did not find an oil pan for the LSJ (or any other oil pan). Do you have a link per chance?
You will have to call OTTP for the oil pan. I had originally heard about their pan on a Cobalt Facebook site.
If I remember correctly, they use a different engine model oil pan and a different dipstick as it holds 1 quart more oil.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
FWIW, the factory oil pans are all interchangeable between engine codes. It is said that the LE5 pan is the best for slosh control though. I bought a replacement pan last year to try and add trapdoor baffles, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Allegedly the dipstick won't read right between an LSJ and other oil pans. Not a showstopper, but something to be aware of.