WTB TVS1320

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Hey all,

I had an opportunity to purchase a TVS1320 unfortunately the seller posted the bid twice and the original winning bid he had to sell to and my winning bid was refunded.

I am wondering if anyone has a TVS they are willing to sell otherwise my future power will be a LSJ-T which is a bit higher investment and effort as my setup now is ready for a TVS.

thanks!
-Logan

Rauq

Goblin Guru
OTTP looks like they have the TVS1320 in stock, not sure if you're shopping around for price though.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I can't speak to the larger turbos people are running, but the K04 on my LSJ is also pretty linear in power delivery. It actually spools too quickly and the LSJ PCM has no boost ramping capabilities, so I'm hoping the boost controller I'm installing helps with that.

As a supercharged V8 guy, this is my first 4-cylinder project and the turbo sounds are growing on me. They don't top the whine of a positive displacement unit on a V8, but they are still pretty cool.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
The great debate - LSJ vs LNF - supercharger vs turbo. Can be a source for family squabbles and debates which one's better? Here's a few opinions from the experts:

It’s funny you posted this I am watching this video right now and Al is who tuned my LSJ. I have the cams, valvs, rods, ATI, balance delete, and injectors. I have the aftermarket intercooler but even with that setup the IAT temps and e85 (fuel consumption) is still a concern with aggressive drives. If you all had a $3k budget with this setup what would be your next steps?

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
The great debate - LSJ vs LNF - supercharger vs turbo. Can be a source for family squabbles and debates which one's better? Here's a few opinions from the experts:
I think the LSJ vs LNF debate rages on but this video is an example of turbo being the agreed-upon answer to higher power levels.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
It’s funny you posted this I am watching this video right now and Al is who tuned my LSJ. I have the cams, valvs, rods, ATI, balance delete, and injectors. I have the aftermarket intercooler but even with that setup the IAT temps and e85 (fuel consumption) is still a concern with aggressive drives. If you all had a $3k budget with this setup what would be your next steps?
Which aftermarket intercooler?

Ross

Goblin Guru
The DF heat exchanger up in the front of the goblin is already pushing the stock coolant pump a longer distance than it was stock. If you mounted both heat exchangers in the back of the goblin, your total distance might be about the same as the original goblin.

The Chevy Laminova tubes are your intercooler, as seen in this video. I wish there was an aftermarket intercooler to replace the laminova tubes.

Last edited:

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I'm not too well versed on what the upgraded superchargers can put out but there is virtually no limit on the turbo side. Realistically, 425whp is all any rational person would need for raw power but for autox the 375whp is a bit more balanced.

The bw s252 would compare to a zfr6758 and get you to 425whp no problem with your mods and have great low-end response / spool. You can boost ramp so the power delivery is linear and you won't have the same iat issues as with a sc. If you go to the turbo side, this would get my vote.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The TVS1320 really needs a bigger intercooler.
Maybe I can weld the chevy cobalt cast aluminum intake.
Some castings have too much impurities, and won't stop boiling when I get the aluminum molten.
If it is weldable, then I could cut the laminova tubes out, and put in an intercooler core.
But I probably would have to increase the size of the intake loop.

Or maybe I should just weld on 3" pipe from the supercharger output, and another 3" pipe to the intake.
Remove the laminova cores, and put in an aluminum plate separating the two sides.

Then use silicon pipes to an external intercooler like this one.