Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by ctuinstra, Jul 7, 2017.
And just a few more...
And one more just for the hell of it...
Will the dog ride shotgun in the Goblin?
You are cooking right along
I see it looks like you had it hanging in a few pictures, did this make it easier during certain steps?
I'm short two jack stands, my dad needed them. And it was just easy to strap them to the beam so I don't have to worry about it falling. Does make it easier to get under it.
I've bled the brakes on many different vehicles over the years and have always been very successful. However this was by far the most difficult to do for whatever reason. To start out, I bench bled the MC. But I just could not get it to push fluid through the lines. I finally used a Mighty Vac and suck the $h!t out of them while Kaleb pumped. Finally was able to get fluid through the fronts. I still need to work on the rear more but ran out of refill fluid. One quart just isn't enough after bleeding and flushing the lines.
I wish I had a good way to pressure the system like I did on the Vette. Maybe if I had another cap I could drill a hole in it and press the pressure hose in the cap.
The fronts are finally working some but will need a couple more sessions of bleeding to get the last of it out.
Next onto the clutch bleeding....
Motive offers them on amazon
You got me thinking.... I didn't realize the caps were so universal. I had a left over MC from the Mailbu that I took the engine out for Tiffany's car. Sure enough the cap is the exact same. I had just tossed it in the trash this past weekend. Sweet, I can seal a hose in this cap and pressure the system.
Pull the rubber seal out to seal small air path that allows air get in to the little bradderived the reinstall
For what its worth, I've used a flat piece of stock steel with a nipple threaded into it C clamped to the reservoir to pressure bleed systems before (the top of the MC was flat).
I hate bleeding brake systems, especially with MCs that have been emptied... I've also had decent luck gravity bleeding brake systems, too. Just takes a while...
I used the motive pressure bleeder, It worked the first time and I have zero issues. Both tires lock up in the front at the same time. Many have reported it being a PITA without the pressure bleeder.
I have a pressure bleeder system and was trying to use it. LIke a big dummy, I hooked a hose up to the top connection of the reservoir and pressured it and wondered why it didn't work. Then my son asked if that fitting actually went all the way down into the reservoir and sure enough it doesn't. I did find another cap from the Malibu that I can use with my pressure tank now.
Hopefully crisis averted!
I noticed that I had brake fluid leaking from the bellhousing. The only thing it could be is the clutch assembly. The fear struck me that the new throwout bearing or something is leaking clutch fluid on the inside and now I am going to have to tear out the engine and take off the transmission! I thought about it a lot and remember when putting the clutch hydraulic assembly together it was missing an 0-ring which I found one and installed it. Apparently it wasn't an o-ring at all but a round seal that was missing.
I went to the local dealer and ordered the clutch pipe assembly. I didn't replace the entire assembly but used the seal off of the top. Everything went back together nicely and I feel much better about it's ability to seal. I haven't bled the system yet (tomorrow's chore) and I sure hope that I'm not jinxing myself. The seal must have come off with the aluminum fitting a long time ago.
This is the new clutch pipe after removing the seal from the tip.
And installed on the one on the car.
Separate names with a comma.