Dre city Goblin build - 06 LS Donor

Dre

I had my frame and some other misc parts go in for powdercoating. They ended up running out of powder and needed to order more to finish the parts, but I'm picking up the frame right now. Photo is the frame and some parts still on the hanger.

Attachments

Dre

I didn't see this until i got home... there was a great deal of imperfections on the tube circled in red... also i don't remember if i caused this dent or not. Im not going to take it back because i waited long to get it powdercoated and i borrowed the trailer...

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
That stinks. We had one tube that I don’t think the gave it enough coats. Most don’t see it but I do. Also a couple of brake fluid leaks caused some spots on our frame. Bugged me at first but some are covered now by the body. And we drive the car and it’s going to get dirty and dinged up over time so I’m not going to sweat it for once in my life.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Do you mind telling us how much you paid for your powder coating? I'm getting quotes between $1,400 and $1,800 which includes the following:

Frame
Radiator mount
Sub-frame
Upper Control Arm x2
Lower Control Arm x2
Center Console

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Ours was something much less than that. We did it in multiple trips but our frame alone was only $400. I think we paid less than $900 for everything

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
$1400 is a lot. Even for a two coat like the Illusion colors I would think ~$1000. I think I paid $900 from DF's coater. That was with an Illusion color too.

Dre

I got two coats.
Frame
A-arms (2)
Subframe
Tunnel cover
Floorboard bar
Spindle/hub (2)
Battery bracket
Some other stuff i can't think of
Around $350 for the service. I bought my own paint witch was an additional $125 or so.

Dre

You know what sucks... i get to the last bend and the lug comes out when I'm pulling the tubes... how am i supposed to get it out now!?

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Man, that does suck! That was my biggest fear. However, this is the first time I've heard of it happening. You will have to pull it back out. It won't be easy and it will most likely take more than what you can pull by hand.

We had to pull ours in by using the tractor to pull while the frame was tied to the truck.

Reactions: Dre

Silverback

You know what sucks... i get to the last bend and the lug comes out when I'm pulling the tubes... how am i supposed to get it out now!?
Happened to me too. I wound up the hose around a 2x4 and pulled it out while a friend held the frame. Great workout :rolleyes:

Dre

I ended up sitting on the ground and using my feet to hold the frame while i pulled it back out.
A second time and i got it through. I ended up wrapping the rope around a breaker bar and pulling.

Attachments