Friedhouse #346 Extended 2007 SS donor

Friedhouse

I converted the 5x110 hubs to 4x100 cobalt hubs and bought some Konig Dekagrams 15x7.5 +35 Front, 17x8 +45 Rear. I think I put the rear hubs on the front, and the front hubs on the rear judging from me finally putting the wheels on...like 6in difference in the rear vs front...I feel so confused.

Fronts installed

Rears installed

Wheels look good though.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
The rear is narrower than the front on all models but you probably wanted something like a 0 offset for the rear. My wheels are 17x9 with a 35 offset and the rear tires were about 2" per side narrower. I put a spacer on the rear to bring it in a inch, much less noticeable now.

Friedhouse

Something is definitely wrong between my passenger side and driver sides of the car. It's like I have 4-5in more on the passenger side vs drivers side? From the pics below you can see the difference between the mid bar on the frame. Tires are not centered around the car at all, and I can't figure out what the heck is wrong.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
I'm going to take a guess just looking at your last picture and seeing the cv axle at an upward angle that you threaded your rear shock all the way into the coilover body. Check this thread https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/transaxle-angle-help.3761/#post-75326

after you get your rear coilovers set correctly, then follow the DIY alignment guides for rear then front, once they are set then check to see how even it looks to you. It looks like you are trying to use your tires as reference point when showing angles down the frame, without an alignment it will look way off.
Rear end alignment
Front end alignment

Last edited:

Friedhouse

I'm going to take a guess just looking at your last picture and seeing the cv axle at an upward angle that you threaded your rear shock all the way into the coilover body. Check this thread https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/transaxle-angle-help.3761/#post-75326

after you get your rear coilovers set correctly, then follow the DIY alignment guides for rear then front, once they are set then check to see how even it looks to you. It looks like you are trying to use your tires as reference point when showing angles down the frame, without an alignment it will look way off.
Rear end alignment
Front end alignment
Huge help here...You were totally right about the shocks being threaded way too far into the body.

Friedhouse

Wiring the side mirrors what goes to what here?

I understand from the harness:

Orange = Ground
Green = Turn Signal
Red= Parking Light

But I don't have a diagram of the wires coming out of the side mirror...

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
This is the scheme I used and it worked first try.
Harness Pink(Red?) to Mirror Yellow
Harness Orange to Mirror Green
Harness Green to Mirror White

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Tail Lights Scheme

Friedhouse

This is the scheme I used and it worked first try.
Harness Pink(Red?) to Mirror Yellow
Harness Orange to Mirror Green
Harness Green to Mirror White
You're the man. Thank you.