Lethalcast's City goblin- 2009 SS/TC G85

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
That's cool, I've been thinking of adding a 2nd heat exchanger somewhere similar when I do engine mods this winter.

What size are the ports on the heat exchanger, pics make them look small and flow restrictive.

Lethalcast

Here is the info on it if anyone is interested. The fan I used is a spal 5.2" and the bar mounts. The bar mounts are the same size as the lower bar so I did have to widen the radius some and then I cut some paint protection film and put it inside the mount to protect the powdercoat. I couldn't find many options for a 360° mount for the angled bar so I went with what I found.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Looks good. Is the second heat exchanger in series or parallel with the 'stock' heat exchanger? Does it have a cooling fan?

Before I ordered my kit I was concerned about the thermal capacity of the stock intercooler. Granted, it may be sized adequately for most of the US, but living in the desert made me forego the kit intercooler/heat exchanger and order a much larger intercooler and dual over sized heat exchangers. Sounds like you may have hit the limit of the intercooler in your Goblin, but maybe adding extra heat exchanger capacity will be the remedy? Keep us informed of your results. :)

Lethalcast

Thnx Desert and yeah I threw a 5.2" spal fan on it that's wired up to key on. It would be more than sufficient in florida here if I was running stock. Especially with the two heat exchangers and mustang hood scoop under front lol. Adam and I are working on something that will work for people that plan on adding more power. That sounds pretty much like all of us haha. This other intercooler would be in the same location and is the same shape but is good for up to 700cfm/600hp where as the one used now is good for up to 450 cfm. Maxing the 450cfm and roughly estimating using a formula I found online the max flow would be around 32 lb/min. In my last log I'm hitting 36.91 lb/min at 6k rpm so its roughly flowing 534cfm.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Or you could just pickup one of these - good for 1000HP on a 500+ CID engine. Should have plenty of reserve thermal capacity for my ~300HP in the desert.

With dual heat exchangers - a pair of Ninja/KZ750 radiators. These are 120 square inches each and will have a 7 inch 1250 CFM fan.

I'm not anticipating exceeding the cooling capacity for my motor. :p

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I know you went coilovers in the back, but would the stock struts clear your rear wheels and tires? I keep considering different wheels but my mind always wanders back to the Tandems in 17"x9.5" trim for the back. Also I would need spacers because I just have stock 5x110 wheel hubs, so I might have a little more clearance.

Lethalcast

That I'm not exactly sure of. I think they would clear height wise but I'm not sure width even with the spacers. We would need to do some measurements to see.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
A crude (and probably useless) pic, but I think I'm probably ok. I did not yet cut out the bottom part of the spring.

20191106_211327.jpg

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I know you went coilovers in the back, but would the stock struts clear your rear wheels and tires? I keep considering different wheels but my mind always wanders back to the Tandems in 17"x9.5" trim for the back. Also I would need spacers because I just have stock 5x110 wheel hubs, so I might have a little more clearance.
I had to go to the coilovers to get enough room for the fender clearance.