Turbo fuel pump orientation

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Using pliers you can twist and pull the two steel rods out of the top. Turn the top 180 degrees and reinstall the rods.

IDRVSLO

Worked perfect! Just a note for some who are going to do this, one of the steel rods will come out of the top. The other has the pinch of the bottom which keeps it in place. Once you reposition the pins push down to get them started and make sure they are even once complete.
IMG_20181017_182504.jpg
IMG_20181017_182452.jpg

Last edited:
Worked perfect! Just a note for some who are going to do this, one of the steel rods will come out of the top. The other has the pinch of the bottom which keeps it in place. Once you reposition the pins push down to get them started and make sure they are even once complete. View attachment 5555 View attachment 5556
So why is it necessary to rotate the fuel pump 180 degrees? The SS fuel pumps have the one hose aimed straight up, is it simply to move your fuel pump harness away from the engine? Also being that the fuel tank is different and is now secured with bolts rather than the ring using tension to hold it in the fuel tank, what is keeping the fuel pump from falling into the tank? IDK if i am missing something or if my fuel pump assembly is broken cause the steel rods do not hold the assembly while springs are in place. Can i remove the springs?