Turbo fuel pump orientation

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Using pliers you can twist and pull the two steel rods out of the top. Turn the top 180 degrees and reinstall the rods.

IDRVSLO

Worked perfect! Just a note for some who are going to do this, one of the steel rods will come out of the top. The other has the pinch of the bottom which keeps it in place. Once you reposition the pins push down to get them started and make sure they are even once complete.
IMG_20181017_182504.jpg
IMG_20181017_182452.jpg

Last edited:
Worked perfect! Just a note for some who are going to do this, one of the steel rods will come out of the top. The other has the pinch of the bottom which keeps it in place. Once you reposition the pins push down to get them started and make sure they are even once complete. View attachment 5555 View attachment 5556
So why is it necessary to rotate the fuel pump 180 degrees? The SS fuel pumps have the one hose aimed straight up, is it simply to move your fuel pump harness away from the engine? Also being that the fuel tank is different and is now secured with bolts rather than the ring using tension to hold it in the fuel tank, what is keeping the fuel pump from falling into the tank? IDK if i am missing something or if my fuel pump assembly is broken cause the steel rods do not hold the assembly while springs are in place. Can i remove the springs?

Not sure why it needs to be turned 180 degrees but I had Alex and Lonnie do that. The pump will fit inside the tank you just need to push it a little. The springs will give and it will fit nicely in the tank.

ctuinstra

You rotate it so the float will have room to move up and down. I believe if it's pointing to the outside, it may get hung up on the walls.

Briann1177

I don't think there is an orientation for the TC fuel pump that doesn't interfere with either the walls or the baffle inside. I had to tweak my float. Or you can do what Lonny mentioned which is probably the best way.

RichRich

I turned mine, I originally installed without turning it thinking there would be just enough room but I can assure you that it will hang up. Not at first, but just one day your gauge will continuously read empty no matter how full your tank is and you will have to remove it and do it. Honestly it is very easy and it's what I should of done in the first place but I thought it would work, it is so close but just not quite enough