Recent content by JeffInWA

1. JeffInWA

Rear wing recommendations

My brackets are 27 1/2" apart. Has anyone tried using the Cobalt wing? I did a test fit with mine early on to see if I wanted to keep it. I decided I would rather have an aluminum wing instead (which I have yet to purchase). The wing is made of plastic and is not really that stiff. Across...
  2. JeffInWA

Goblin for sale

I'm a Washington resident and had a Nevada LLC for years, so it's no problem getting an LLC in another state. You will need to pay a resident agent (unless you know someone that lives there), and I don't know what Montana requires for llc licensing - sometimes it's yearly, some states are less...
  3. JeffInWA

Bed Liner Paint

I used 'Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating Spray' on both sides of my floor. I've had good luck with that stuff on car luggage racks, motorcycle fenders, and a few other things that are outside all the time. It's not as thick or rough as typical truck bed liner, more like a rough powder-coat. They...
  4. JeffInWA

JeffInWA's Extended City Goblin SS/SC 06 Doner

I tried the trimmer line/mini paint roller/tire wet thing, and also heated up the hose as much as my shop heater would do (hanged it in front of the heater for about an hour). The furthest I ever got was to the first bend, so I just bought the silicone hose instead. Easily pulled 7/8" ID...
  5. JeffInWA

Pre-Coating Frame Weld-On Options

Cup holders
  6. JeffInWA

There may be hope - my door opening is 69", or 72" if I remove the doors. If I just measured the offset on my wheels correctly (from the doner), then I will be at 65.15". So I may be good until I get different wheels/tires. Thanks for the info JSATX, Sasqwatch, Ross and Jeff - you made my day.
  7. JeffInWA

I picked up my frame on November 13th in Spokane. I wanted to mention to anyone hauling their extended frame crate with a Lowes 5' x 10' trailer, it will fit with about an inch in width to spare, and will stick out the back about 2 inches. You'll need to fold the ramp all the way forward to...
  8. JeffInWA

mnKevin (city, extended) 08 SS/TC #172

Has anyone tried a slightly smaller hose? I'm going to be doing this in a couple of days to mine, and after reading about your difficulties I'm thinking that I might just try something different. I found this 1" ID silicone hose that has a smaller OD (1.33" vs 1.44" for the supplied hose)...
  9. JeffInWA

Coating options for tube frame and control arms

I was thinking about trying VHT roll bar and chassis paint on my frame for the same reasons you've mentioned - I know I'm going to want to change things all the time, which means repainting. I painted a small section of my Fj crusier's frame with the stuff about 2 years ago and it's held up...
  10. JeffInWA

Brighter headlight bulbs

I had a set of these on my FJ Cruiser and had to replace them because they were ridiculously bright (but will try them on the Goblin if they fit)...
  11. JeffInWA

Hello all, I got the word today that my frame will be #160, probably sent out in July. I've had the doner a few weeks now and have been driving it. It's an 06 supercharged SS. The cobalt seems to be in good shape mechanically. There's a bunch of exhaust leaks, but I don't care as I don't...