Fozda's Standard Track Goblin - 06' SS/SC #196

Fozda

Goblin Guru
what psi were you running F/R?
13F, 16R
13 seems pretty good for the front but I couldn't seem to find the sweet spot for the rear. This picture and the wear marks are definitely indicating too low of pressure though. I think I'll try something closer to 19 or 20 in the rear

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Snagged a pic next to an old car I built that a work buddy now autocrosses before heading to the event last Friday night. That roof basket is super handy!
PXL_20200925_220916421~2.jpg

Fozda

Goblin Guru
What are the folks that are using their Goblin for autocross running for rear camber? Looks like I don't have enough according to these pictures!
DSC_0553.JPG

DSC_0556.JPG

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
What are your spring rates in the rear? And what you have your compression set to? Looks like you have a lot of roll.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
What are your spring rates in the rear? And what you have your compression set to? Looks like you have a lot of roll.
200lb and 4 clicks to stiff. The roll isn't ideal but it sure does handle a lot better being able to flex. It seemed way too stiff before and kept oversteering like crazy.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Those heavy springs up front will reduce oversteer. So would a anti-sway bar.
Probably won't know if the car is balanced until you add the parts and drive it.
Those heavy springs will make the front stiff, rough, & bouncy.

I use these dual rate springs to get some softness, but still not let it roll too much.
QA1 10HT225/475 - QA1 High Travel Coilover Springs

Or you could add helper spring to the heavy ones to try and regain some softness.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Those heavy springs up front will reduce oversteer. So would a anti-sway bar.
Probably won't know if the car is balanced until you add the parts and drive it.
Those heavy springs will make the front stiff, rough, & bouncy.

I use these dual rate springs to get some softness, but still not let it roll too much.
QA1 10HT225/475 - QA1 High Travel Coilover Springs

Or you could add helper spring to the heavy ones to try and regain some softness.
Pardon my ignorance, but would adding some preload to these springs help at all? I'm not against getting new springs, just wondering if there's anything I can do quick to help for the event on Friday night.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I'm curious what the anti-sway bar in the rear with the softer springs would do. You put the softer springs in the rear to cure some of the oversteer but wonder if the bar would help with some of the roll without bringing back all of the oversteer.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Brad (George) had some front shocks & springs for sale a few months ago. Extra 1" longer, 600lb, with softer helper springs. Not sure if they are still available.
Chad's idea would work too, it will reduce weight on the inside rear tire on hard corners, so you might want to go a little easy on the throttle exiting the corners.