Aftermarket Muffler

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Some people want to be different.

I cut up a motorcycle muffler (2000 ninja 600) and made an adaptor to fit the goblin. I currently have the stock goblin muffler on now, due to a “mishap” to my other one, involving a little too much packing and an explosion, due to too much back pressure. It’s a fun beer story. :D

Attachments

Towerdog

Goblin Guru

I cut up a motorcycle muffler (2000 ninja 600) and made an adaptor to fit the goblin. I currently have the stock goblin muffler on now, due to a “mishap” to my other one, involving a little too much packing and an explosion, due to too much back pressure. It’s a fun beer story. :D
Im "planning" on splitting to two pipes then into two street bike mufflers.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
There isn't much you can do to a reflective wave (Flowmaster type) muffler to make it louder other than completely gutting it. Anything else could compromise performance. Or, as in the pic, eliminate it altogether...

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
What muffler? That's a bump in the exhaust pipe. :p It will definitely be louder, probably Racer Boi loud. Maybe you should have put one of these in the pipe too, makes a big difference taking the really harsh tones out.

Zklonne

Just a cheapie with virtually no baffles. More for the pointless argument of “look officer there is a muffler”, before he writes me a ticket anyway. Lol I wanted to retain as much length as possible compared to the previous assembly, but if it is still too Racer Boi sounding I’ll definitely grab one of those cone inserts. Isn’t the whole point of a goblin to sound like a riced civic but race like a lambo?:)

YoungGun

You still using this? Do you have a video of your exhaust setup? Curious how it sounds lol.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
No. After Russell @Rttoys tells you where his dipstick ended up you will understand why…. :0
Ror. I found the dipstick. It landed in the passenger seat. Haha

I used it for a while. It was a little louder than the stock DF one, so one day I decided to add packing to quiet it a little. Something happened and I plugged the exhaust, causing a ton of backpreuure until it exploded, sending the internals to the muffler everywhere and the oil dipstick shooting out the front, along with oil.

It’s on my bench in “reconstruction” phase. Haha

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Ror. I found the dipstick. It landed in the passenger seat. Haha

I used it for a while. It was a little louder than the stock DF one, so one day I decided to add packing to quiet it a little. Something happened and I plugged the exhaust, causing a ton of backpreuure until it exploded, sending the internals to the muffler everywhere and the oil dipstick shooting out the front, along with oil.

It’s on my bench in “reconstruction” phase. Haha
A good piece of stained oak behind what remains of the muffler would make a nice wall mounting of it for the shop............