Frank's Florida Street Goblin Build (#227) - 06 SS, 2.4L donor

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Hopefully they won't look at the photos and immediately declare its a dune buggy or sand rail, that would not be good. :(
make sure to have as much bodywork on as possible, so it doesn't look like a dunebuggy. One of the Houston folks has this same problem because they didn't have bodywork on just so it would be easier to inspect.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
make sure to have as much bodywork on as possible, so it doesn't look like a dunebuggy. One of the Houston folks has this same problem because they didn't have bodywork on just so it would be easier to inspect.
It's all there (including fenders) except an engine cover !!!

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I think your wing is on backwards
Actually I tried it both ways. There were no directions that came with my wing. To me it looked the best like this.

As a pilot I can tell you there are NO forward swept wing's on any production aircraft. There have only been a few forward swept wing aircraft ever produced. The advantage is that a forward swept wing reduces the "Critical Mach" speed. And since I will mostly be driving at just under Mach 1 this doesn't seem to be an issue. Lol

PS: The front suspension & engine are now mounted in the back, backwards? So now it all matches.

Attachments

Last edited:

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Actually I tried it both ways. There were no directions that came with my wing. To me it looked the best like this.

As a pilot I can tell you there are NO forward swept wing's on any production aircraft. There have only been a few forward swept wing aircraft ever produced. The advantage is that a forward swept wing reduces the "Critical Mach" speed. And since I will mostly be driving at just under Mach 1 this doesn't seem to be an issue. Lol

PS: The front suspension & engine are now mounted in the back, backwards? So now it all matches.
Keeping sub-Mach 1??? Coward.... LOL

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Picked up the MPVI2 tuner from HP Tuners. Also bought the AEM 30-300 X-Series, wide band Air/Fuel sensor. Pretty straightforward mounting it above & behind the turn signal control. Difficult spot to weld in the bung for the sensor. Now I need to fine a good tune file for the 2.4 NA Ecotec.

Attachments

Last edited:

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Working on adding the Parking Brake (E-Brake). Having difficult finding much information on the E-Brake install. Be nice to know the torque specs. After installing the brake caliper, rotor and brake pads I noticed the rotor was rubbing metal to metal (see picture). I added the supplied washer between the adapter and the brake caliper and that cured the problem. Not sure if this is the recommended procedure but it fixed the problem. Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments