GOTW - 2-16-24 #453 Rob from Oskaloosa

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
This week's Goblin of the Week started with a base model donor but didn't stay base for long. Rob started by rebuilding the engine and adding a supercharger. Now he's swapped to a K04 turbo and is working on going E85!

What is your name?
Rob

Where are you located?
Oskaloosa Iowa

What is your forum screen name?
@Robf

Build log on forum:
Robs Iowa Goblin

YouTube Channel:
YouTube - RobF3024

What is your chassis number?

When did you buy your Goblin?

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a full time paramedic with a beautiful family including my fiance Kayla, daughter Maleah and two step boys Carter and Jax

How did you become interested in cars?
The goblin was my first true car experience that's been hands on. I watch plenty of YouTube channels that feature car content which is what turned me to the Goblin. Between the goonzsquad and off the ranch they got me to finally pull the trigger on it.

What drew you to the Goblin?
The lightweight chassis and the ecotec platform

How does the Goblin fit into your lifestyle? (daily driver, weekend warrior, both)
Both

Tell us about your build. (who did you build it with? where did you build it?)
I built it by myself in my garage over the winter with help from friends when extra lifting was needed.

What, if anything, have you modified on your Goblin that sets it apart from others?
My base platform is a 2.2l with an f23 transmission out of an 07 Cobalt ls. I tore down the engine put in wiseco pistons, eagle rods, 82lb valve springs, neutral balance shaft, switched to m62 supercharger with a 3.1 pulley. I decided I wanted some more power so I switched to a air to water cooled k04 turbo setup using dual pass and option b. Dyno tuning session is pending.

Do you have any memorable road trips, races or events you've attended in your Goblin?
Did my first autocross in October and absolutely loved it. The car is quick and handles fantastic. I have also made numerous long distance trips. I'd highly recommend you get a donor with cruise control. I failed there.

Is there a particular aspect of the Goblin—be it the design, performance, or community—that you appreciate the most?
Love the unique features of the car as well as the power to weight ratio. It's on par with some of the fastest cars on the road.

Finally, do you have any future plans for your Goblin—any upcoming modifications, trips, or events?
Currently working on switching to e85 with 80lb injectors, boost reference fuel pressure regulator, 272 cams, k04 turbo, water to air with dual bypass and option b system.

Also very interested in the new subframe that came out so I'm keeping an eye on that. "