Search results

1. ToxicBill

WTB - Laminova cores

Long story short, I need to replace my laminova cores as it appears I damaged them pulling them out Any sources?
  2. ToxicBill

Turn signal issue

OK - I installed a set of the 50W 6ohm resistors to have the turn signals blink at their normal cadence. I also installed a CHMSL (link) with a 5W 100ohm between the brake light and ground. With the key in the run position (but not cranked up), everything works great. Both turn signals do...
  3. ToxicBill

Modify Radiator Fan On

I'm trying to modify when the radiator fans turns on. I'm running the fan from DF which I believe to be discrete. To me, this means it's either on or off. I've looked through the tune file and I can't find a setting that indicates a single settings for the radiator fan turn on temp. Instead...
  4. ToxicBill

Bleeder valve leaking

It would seem that the bleeder valves on my brakes are leaking from around the threads. Any thoughts as to why this might be happening? An I supposed to put and sealant around them? I've tightened then does as much s I'm comfortable doing so for dead they will snap or strip.
  5. ToxicBill

Disassembly of rear brake calipers

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on disassembly, cleaning, and painting the rear calipers? They don't seem as straightforward as the fronts.
  6. ToxicBill

Brakes and guide pins

Video 24 says the guide pin with the rubber piece on the end should go near the direction stamp. When I disassembled the new calipers I got from DF, it was pre-installed the opposite. Which way is correct?
  7. ToxicBill

Transmission drain plug washer

I was getting ready to refill my transmission fluid and the washer on the drain plug is shot and the fill plug doesn't even have a washer on it. I couldn't find one that truly fit so I ended up boring out a copper washer which I haven't put on yet. Anyone else have any experience or thoughts...
  8. ToxicBill

Tie rod ends

I didn't see this specific question addressed anywhere so I wanted to ask it:. Do I put the tie rod ends from the steering rack onto the back and the ones supplied by DF on the front? If it's posted somewhere, I couldn't find it.
  9. ToxicBill

SC intercooler

Does anyone have any pictures they can share of their intercooler install with the intercooler in the front? I've got it installed but everything in the front and back seems very tight. Then I installed the subframe and it got even tighter. Also, both my fittings to the front small radiator...
  10. ToxicBill

Which Uhaul for picking up kit?

Looks like I can pick up my kit this weekend!! I think I have two main options, either a 9' cargo van or a 10' box truck. Based on mileage and rates, I can save over $200 by using a cargo van. Of course, if the cargo van doesn't work . . . i need the box truck. I'm picking up the entire kit...
  11. ToxicBill

ZZP Belt

I ordered the ZZP stock LSJ belt and it did not fit - I can slip the belt on with the tensioner at full extend. Has anyone ordered this in the past and had issues? Everything on my engine is stock and the new belt is longer than the belt I took off...
  12. ToxicBill

Threadlocker question

I assume these bolts have threadlocker already applied. Am I correct? Any reason to add anymore? These are the flywheel and clutch plate bolts.
  13. ToxicBill

SS/SC coil pack cover

Let me know if anyone has one of these lying around that they wouldn't mind getting rid of.
  14. ToxicBill

New wiring video - coolant wire

I was watching the new wiring videos and am on part 4. At the end of that video, it says I should have a pink wire near the fuse box that needs to be extended for the coolant level connector - I don't have that. The coolant level wire is actually green and is connected to the gray/blue BCM...
  15. ToxicBill

DELETE ME - Coolant level wire

I was watching the new wiring videos and am on part 4. At the end of that video, it says I should have a pink wire near the fuse box that needs to be extended for the coolant level connector - I don't have that. The coolant level wire is actually green and is connected to the gray/blue BCM...
  16. ToxicBill

Pinout for dash harness to body harness connector

Anyone have the pinout information for the connector that connects the body harness to the dash harness?
  17. ToxicBill

Threadlocker on external engine bolts

I'm getting ready to put pieces back on my engine (intake/exhaust manifold, fuel rail, alternator, etc). Is there a recommendation to use or not use threadlocker?
  18. ToxicBill

2007 SS/SC extra connectors

I'm working on the main body harness and ran into some connectors and other differences from the video. First, I have two of the copper lugs connected via a thin black wire. Should I just cut it in the middle or near one of the lugs? The rear defrost wire connects to a ground lug. I assume I...
  19. ToxicBill

Engine Cleaning

If you cleaned your engine prior to installing it in the Goblin? I'm using Simple Green concentrate (3:1 with water) and a brush to clean up the engine and its doing a decent job but I'm looking for get a little more shine out of it - if its there to be had. Any recommendations on particular...
  20. ToxicBill

Throw out bearing - LSJ

I need to replace the throw out bearing in my transmission and was going to order this from ZZP. https://zzperformance.com/products/lsj-upgraded-throwout-bearing?variant=12622802976879 The description has this caveat - If your clutch causes the T.O.B. (throw out bearing) to overextend it will...