Search results

1. Classy

M62 vs TVS1320 boost

Hello! So, I am trying to calculate pulley size for a custom TVS setup I am making for my Miata (I know I know) and I figured y’all would be a great resource to help fill in the gaps. Some background, 2.5 liter with a M62 (2.6 pulley) making about 325 whp on 93 and about 350 whp on E85. I...
  2. Classy

Not a Goblin, but my 09 Miata

I seriously considered a goblin for a long time, I wanted to put a LS4, F40, and change so much more, but at the end of the day, I wanted to change so much it was leading in a direction where I wanted a glass windshield, then I wanted doors, and soon I just wanted to make it a car. So, I just...
  3. Classy

Thoughts on OBD2 digital gauges via tablet?

In my search for alternative gauge solutions, I stumbled upon these systems that essentially plug into the OBD2 and are either bluetooth connected or wired (I would want wired) Does anyone have any experience with these?
  4. Classy

Parts needed for manual

So, excluding the transmission and axles, what else is needed from the donor to make the manual work on a goblin? so far it looks like the pedal box and the shifter assembly, is there anything I am missing?
  5. Classy

IRS or MacPherson?

I know this won’t apply to 90% of you, but for those who track, race or have a lot of power (400+) how is the macpherson strut rear end working? Would you prefer a IRS over what you have or is it not worth it?
  6. Classy

Mid Engine Cobalt

As many of you probably got sick of me dancing around different ideas and then got irritated with me for wanting to chop up a new goblin chassis, I seen the light!! I am going to do a mid engine swap on a cobalt. It will have a LS4 and F40 transmission. I will be buying cobalt (likely SS) with...
  7. Classy

Delete

Going another route
  8. Classy

Help me make a decision on a car...

Ok... I have ridden in 2 goblins, one supercharged, one turbocharged. They felt great and planted, but I wanted more power and I am not a huge fan of 4 cylinders. Then I went back to looking at Exocets. I love the ability to put pretty much any engine you want in there (I really want to...
  9. Classy

2.8 Turbo V6 with F40 from a Saab 9-3

Ok, I am knee deep in planning, and after riding in a turbo 2.0, I found myself wanting much more power from the engine. I know I could build up a ecotec, but that can get expensive. The 2.8 with a turbo upgrade and a tune can make 450-550 rwhp on the stock block. Also, the weight difference...
  10. Classy

Roof idea

So, I met with JBINTX yesterday and got to go for my first ride in a Goblin, to say it sold me would be an understatement. Since then and after riding in his toy, I have been going back and forth on easier entry into one of these with the full cage and door bars. My first instinct was to make...