Search results

1. S

Zenith 750 Cruzer

It's a little too cold to work on the goblin, so I helped the wife on her kit plane build today. This is in the loft directly above where I work on the goblin - has heat and AC so she can work comfortably year round...
  2. S

Service Manuals

Just got this link from a buddy of mine. Looks like a pretty complete set of service manuals that cover all years and trims of the Cobalts, as well as other vehicles. https://charm.li/
  3. S

Minor body modifications

Any body remember the Local Motors SF-01? I thought it looked pretty cool, and wondered what it might look like on a goblin chassis? I did a shite botch job on the surface model to rearrange things and get an idea: The way the hood comes down to a snout on the stock goblin could work here...
  4. S

Heat Exchanger Duct Kit - SOLD

Ended up not using this kit. I haven't cut or drilled on any of it, but the mount brackets have been powder coated black. $100 + shipping
  5. S

LNF 5th Injector

Is anyone running the ZZP 5th injector kit on their LNF goblin? I'm considering picking up one of these for E85 fueling + valve washing and was curious if there were any clearance/other issues with how it mounts to the Evap solenoid port in the intake.
  6. S

SS/TC Track Width

Any SS/TC guys out there with stock control arms able to measure their outside to outside rotor width on the rear? My axles have a tiny amount of lateral play in them, not sure if it's enough or not. I'm concerned that I may have pulled my track width in too tight but I didn't put a tape...
  7. S

LNF Valve Cover to Intake Vent

Any advice on how to hook this valve cover vent to the intake with DF supplied hardware? The kit came with some 3/8 Nylon tubing that I though maybe was supposed to go there, it's the right size for the barb on the intake tube, but seems too small for the nipple on the valve cover. This is...
  8. S

LNF Evap Solenoid

In the DF SS/TC engine prep video, we're instructed to disconnect the evap hose from the solenoid and then disconnect the electrical connector from the solenoid. Should the hose barb be plugged? Why did they have us unplug the solenoid, doesn't this disable the LTFT?
  9. S

Rear Diffuser

Need some help with a rear diffuser design (I have zero aero knowledge). I made the bottom of my subframe flush with the bottom of the chassis, so enclosing the bottom of that will be pretty straight forward. I'm thinking riv nuts in the stock rear floor pans to bolt up the leading edge, and...
  10. S

Front ARB Options

Looking for some examples of Front ARB installations people have done. I like this one, but it would not work with the DF ducts on TC cars. This one would avoid the ducts, but looks like it would not play nice with the DF hood. Are there any other's that I haven't stumbled on?
  11. S

"Stock" Suspension Ride and Roll Rates

Here is an analysis of the “stock” Goblin suspension ride and roll rates, meant to be a baseline resource for anyone interested. General: Weight - 1640lbs Wheelbase – 97.25in Tires – Stock LNF SS 225/40R18 Front Weight Distribution - 36% CG Height – 20.5in Roll Stiffness - 2.7°/G Front Setup...
  12. S

"Stock" Rear Suspension Geometry

Here is an analysis of the “stock” Goblin Rear suspension, meant to be a baseline resource for anyone interested. Setup: Wheelbase – 97.25in Track Width – 58.3in CG Height – 20.5in Frame Rake – 1°, Nose down Tires – Stock LNF SS 225/40R18 Wheels – Stock LNF SS 18inx7.5in, 42mm offset Bump...
  13. S

"Stock" Front Suspension Geometry

Here is an analysis of the “stock” Goblin Front suspension, meant to be a baseline resource for anyone interested. Setup: Wheelbase – 97.25in Track Width – 59.4in CG Height – 20.5in Frame Rake – 1°, Nose down Tires – Stock LNF SS 225/40R18 Wheels – Stock LNF SS 18inx7.5in, 42mm offset Bump...
  14. S

"Standard" Ride Height

From what I've been able to find, the "standard" way to setup the ride height for the front suspension is to have the lower control arms parallel to the ground(from the front end alignment thread). For the rear, the tie rods are parallel to the ground. I've seen the number of around 7" from...
  15. S

Wiring Harness Service

For those of you that opted for the DF wiring harness service, what did you determine for the most economical way to ship the harnesses to DF?
  16. S

Rear Tubular Control Arms

ZZP had tubular control arms for the Cobalt at one point (have been sold out for ever it seems), but never for the LNF anyway. My bushings are shot and I wanted a bit of an upgrade from stock so I designed some up in CAD. The heim joints are all 3/4". The horizontal one uses an aftermarket...
  17. S

Seb's Goblin #454 (2008 SS/TC donor) - Registered

I received my invoice today, so figured I would start up a thread and introduce myself. I purchased a salvage 2008 donor with around 165k miles roughly 2 years ago from a Copart auction - this was not a great experience, but got through it anyway. The car was in a front end collision, it was...