05/06 and 07 ss/sc harness swap ability

Peregrinus

I have an 05 harness in my car now, building a Custom one off Harness from scratch, just wanted to verify the dash harness from an 07 will work for the plugs I need for my 05 harness, pretty sure I've read the 05-06 and 07 harnesses are basically the same right? As long as all the plug themselves are the same I'm Repinning it all anyway. I just don't want to pay for an 07 dash harness if the plugs themselves are different.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I don’t know about harnesses, but I do know 06 supercharged and 07 supercharged have completely different programming. One does not work with the other.

Peregrinus

I don’t know about harnesses, but I do know 06 supercharged and 07 supercharged have completely different programming. One does not work with the other.
Yeah that I know, from what I can see in the pics the physical plugs look to be the same, that's mostly what I'm curious about, since I'm repinning I'm not to worried about it at long as they are physically the same connector. I found a guy with a semi local 07 ss/sc car he said I can have the harness out of for a little cash. I know alot of the parts are interchangeable, hoping alot of the connectors are the same aswell.

Edit: the one fuse box plug I was missing is pinned correctly but I can't see wire colors in his pics. Pretty sure pcm c1 is also very similar from pics, but again I can't see colors. I think I'll probably just bite the bullet and hope the few dash harness plugs I need are correct.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I would assume they are the same for the most part or with what you are doing, should be able to make it work. It’s just odd the programming is completely different.