09 turbo bosch intercooler pump no power

TheDon

Have put a few miles on just short runs.
Not that it's easy to see while driving I've never seen it on and detect no power going to pump with key on or running. I'm going to start rewatching wiring videos to start troubleshooting. But if someone remembers what circuit it's pulled off I can see if it's simply a fuse. And will I hurt anything driving about 15 miles at a time without it pumping?

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
The brushes in that motor only last about 60K miles.

Driving without the pump can cause hot air to enter your engine if you are boosting. Then the engine will protect itself, by pulling the timing, and reducing power. Shouldn't hurt anything, just slows your car down.

TheDon

I have a new one supplied by df and don't have power to it but not sure what conditions call for it to have power.

Mahkoi

Mine comes on anytime the car is keyed to run. I had issues getting mine working. I had good power but a bad ground so I ran a new ground to it and it's working fine now

TheDon

I'll check my ground haven't found any other issues with my harness so figured someone else probably had a similar issue do you remember what circuit it comes off so I can check fuse

Ross

Goblin Guru
I saw in HP Tuners that it was set to turn on the IC pump 10 seconds after key on, then it turns off at key off.
The fuse and relay are called "after cooler pump" by GM.

TheDon

Thank you wondering if my turbo donor just needs a fuse or relay added. Will check it out in the morning