2 door body search

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
********THIS IS NOT EXACTLY A GOBLIN POST AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY ANTI GOBLIN!****

I must confess I am(so far)just lurker here. I have had many cars and have modified mucho junk! For my next toy I want to build a Goblin BUT I have "issues". I like being indoors(even as I drive) so does the wife. Looking for a 2 door body with TITLE. (Too many people are title pawning these cars into junk!, they don't pay the pawn broker and the serial number becomes un-title-able, GRRRR! Many, many parts cars in my area, Central GA.)

*****Feel free to skip this part*****
#1 big concern. BUT you'll lose the back seat! Strange how one man's BUG is another man's FEATURE! Some see that as a shortcoming, I like the 2 seater!
I have a lift, a couple of engine hoists, torches, MIG and TIG welders, winches, hydraulic porta power, whips and chains, ETC. I have plenty of crazy ideas I've already seen to fruition. I've had cars all the way apart, my Junk Yard years. I've been involved in car rebuilds many described as resurrections. Feel free to look up some of my inspirations, Miura, Pantera, Mangusta, Renault/Turbo 5, Toyo MR2. Fiero. I've worked on quite a few DeTomaso Panteras (351 Cleveland, ZF transaxle, Ghia body). So Friends!, really, don't bother to fling your "it can't be done" opinions at this project, it's ALL been done before! Thoughtful cautions and concerned warnings are always welcomed. I'm 60 Y/O, I have already done other "more impossible" stuff than this,(a base for a self propelled parade float and a camera platform for filming car chases.) this is just my next exercise in the realm of the probable. I'm sure someone, somewhere, somehow ONCE said , "You cant build a RWD Kit Car out of a FWD Cobalt." And, lo and behold, now you can!
*****OK!******

SO! Searching for a 2 door body with title. I'm near Columbus GA. Thanks, Y'all! You Call, and If its the right price, location and condition, I'll come get it.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Yes!, errr.
NO, not really. My real point is if someone has stripped a titlable vehicle down, I am not adverse to reassembling it. Do I WANT to do this project this way??, no. I would rather not reassemble an entire car, but I can.
I’m going to relocate a Cobalt subframe and etc (with the science learned/ co-opted from The Goblin, especially the “part” they call the “Toe Link Mount”) into the back of a Cobalt coupe. Don’t worry, it will have a bulkhead behind the front seats much like a Fiat/Bertone X1/9 design. I’ve got a nice donor sedan. (Though I “am lusting, in my heart” after a pair of SS buckets) Sadly!, I’m surrounded by title pawned coupes! Can’t do anything but scrap them.
(Google: Twinpala and subtract front engine.)
Are you that Goblin owner in Savanah? Write back all you want, I’ll share my crazy schemes if you want to hear them. And just because it’s all been done before doesn’t mean I won’t enjoy my own take on the 2003 Toyo MR2 Coupe concept. But I have to build it first. And then maybe I’ll build a off road Goblin. (Momma might like that!)

Dale E

Go read up in the other builds forum thread This has all been discussed before. It's not a crazy scheme at all. Just do it and have fun! Document it in the other build forum thread.

Dale

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
If you are going to do this, start with a V8 Chevy Impala SS FWD from around 2008. The same thing that Hotrod Garage used to make Dual Engine out of.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
GT,
Yeah, LS cobalt crab? Excellent idea. This is my prototyping my methodology/install. I think that V8 car would be something more visually appealing, maybe a Pontiac G6 body. 2 door or conv! That could be cool. But they are not very plentiful. It pays to have cheaper and more plentiful chassis type to cut up.

Lonewolf170

I have a stripped down body but believe the issue is to title the Goblin in Montana I thought you needed the original title. Also in Chicago so would be a pain to get down to GA.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Thanks Lone! Yes, I need a body with a title. Chicago is a mite too far to travel, but I appreciate the thought. Cheers!, I hope your Goblin turns out great!