3D Printable Brake Booster -> Nylon Vacuum Line Adapter (.STL)

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I thought the brake line -> nylon tubing squeeze trick needed a proper adapter so I made this in F360. It fits perfectly.

I used Cura to slice, no scaling necessary
Artillery Sidewinder X1 to print
PLA+
100% Infill
.8mm walls (2x a standard .4mm nozzle)

You'll need two.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4504546 <-- File's on Thingiverse as well

Attachments

Last edited:

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Good idea, BUT....

The nylon tube is an absolute beotch to get on to even the brake reservoir with brass fittings. How will plastic hold up to that force? Or did you print it a tad smaller?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Good idea, BUT....

The nylon tube is an absolute beotch to get on to even the brake reservoir with brass fittings. How will plastic hold up to that force? Or did you print it a tad smaller?
It's sized to fit on the tubing from my micrometer. It's snug but not so tight it needs heat to go on. Would probably be fine with out a clamp but it's sturdy enough to be ok with one.

bradr

I thought the brake line -> nylon tubing squeeze trick needed a proper adapter so I made this in F360. It fits perfectly.

I used Cura to slice, no scaling necessary
Artillery Sidewinder X1 to print
PLA+
100% Infill
.8mm walls (2x a standard .4mm nozzle)

You'll need two.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4504546 <-- File's on Thingiverse as well
Nice! Anyone thought about designing a replacement elbow fitting that replaces all the unnecessary crap and adapts the booster directly to the nylon line?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Nice! Anyone thought about designing a replacement elbow fitting that replaces all the unnecessary crap and adapts the booster directly to the nylon line?
I can look at it and give it a shot. Mine had a sensor on it so I'm not sure I could easily do it.

bradr

Mine has the sensor as well - and because the sensor has no value, I would love to ditch it. I was going to grab a elbow from a cobalt without ABS, but I would love an adapter than goes directly to the 3/8 nylon line.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Mine has the sensor as well - and because the sensor has no value, I would love to ditch it. I was going to grab a elbow from a cobalt without ABS, but I would love an adapter than goes directly to the 3/8 nylon line.
I haven't fully built mine yet so knowing that it's for ABS and not useful, I'll work on a proper adapter. I left it thinking it would be needed but I guess not. Thanks for the motivation.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
It depends on your printer I guess, you could position it in a way that snapping in half would be less likely like rolling it 90 degrees on its side and printing it that way.

Honestly I actually may be using these afterall, I can't remember? lol

Rauq

Goblin Guru
You mean like this? lol

It was something easy to do with the leftover scraps of filament that came with my 3D printer, oh well.