49$ Montana request a mv20

D&dgoblin69

The MV20 is an inspection required to be done by law enforcement with the LLC name only as the applicant and a photo of the VIN plate provided. Iam in Texas anyone do this yet? How to go about it

Joebob

Goblin Guru
In theory, you don't even need the EVAP as Texas allows 1 monitor to not be ready. In the 3 years of driving my goblin, I have yet to have it check the EVAP system. You may need to have the sensors hooked up or spoofed, but the actual canister and routing should not be needed. You do need the cat and the downstream O2 sensor.

A word of caution for cutting corners, is that while you can have 1 monitor not ready, you cannot have any engine or emission error codes active at time of test.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
If you end up deciding that you want to go the Montana route, just click Search at the top-right and put in "mv20". There's a multitude of mentions on the forum about how to register in Montana, and @OptimizePrime put together an excellent guide for it.

Dsteinhorst

When I did my inspection for MT, I had the Wisconsin state patrol inspector who pulled my Wisconsin title come complete the MV20 for Montana. It only seemed fitting.

D&dgoblin69

Yeah I’ve allready paid Montana. I like the idea of having plates in a state I’d like to live. Ok so the mv20 I’ll search an officer just wasn’t sure how f someone knew of one