Additional parts/components needed

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I think I'm going to go ahead and replace the clutch while I have the engine out. Should I go ahead and replace the timing chains while I'm at it? Anything else?
How many miles on the engine? I had 116K and I replaced the chain, gears, and tensioner just to be one the safe side. It's the first thing to go usually on the Ecotec motor. Over 150K and you should, under, it's up to you. If you have the old style tensioner, I would replace it.

I replaced the SC oil but I don't know if you have the SC or turbo.

Spark plugs with NGK.

Oil and filter obviously.

Any seals that are leaking. Axle seals may need to be replaced. I had to replace my crank seal, it was barely weeping.

Clutch and flywheel along with the throw-out bearing is a fantastic idea while you have the engine out. You can inspect everything and know it's all in good shape once you do it.

Order a new belt. Check the tension pulley bearing and replace if needed.

Order a new exhaust gasket.

If you have a SC, remove and clean the Laminova tubes. Make dang sure to install correctly!

May need new starter, the connector mounts are very brittle and break easily

That's all that I can think of at the moment.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
If I remember correctly, this motor has 162k miles on it. Sounds like a timing chain set would probably be a good idea.

Thanks for the list, I'll go through it and evaluate those parts on the donor.

aaronbuley

The kit provides the steering wheel and the Goblin was designed to use the stock wheels/tires. It's up to the builder as far as whether or not they want to use that stuff.

I know that's not being helpful, but the kits are fairly well stocked. The only thing I can think of that the TC kits don't provide is the fuel line and filter. That's really about the only thing I had to go out and source myself.
how many of y'all use the stock 18" TC wheels/tires? guessing most of you use them for the rear and get smaller ones for the front? figuring i should keep my donor wheels just for the rear.