Air suspension

Ken R.

How cool would it be to have air suspension on the goblin, able to adjust height on the fly. The ac compressor that some of us use as an idler pulley and others delete, could be used as an air compressor. Coupled with a skinny air tank behind the seat (those with extended), you got your self some on board air. Perfect for the a/t goblin. Want to race the car? Just air-down. Want to off-road the same day? Air-up. I understand the trade-offs are that one can't adjust spring rates nor dampening, but still... Coolness factor!

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
From what I've seen using an ac compressor for air compressor, you likely wouldn't even need a tank. They move a lot of air.

JPas914

As cool as air-ride would be, the street Goblins sit pretty low as is. And airing down the suspension to race an A/T.....do you want to swap tires and adjust the alignment as well just to race? It’d definitely look cool as hell seeing one flat on the ground in a parking lot......but these cars already turn heads/break necks driving or sitting still, air-ride not required.

lksohm

It would be nice to be able to raise up a few inches to clear bumps and other things. I got high centered on a trailer ramp while trying to unload the car. That was awful.

Tinkles

Going with a pure air-ride setup would suck. I had air-ride on my Cavalier for a few years and at 2,700lbs it was WAYYYY too light for it. For it to ride decent I had to be so low that I would scrape everywhere and when I raise it up so I wouldn't scrape it felt like I had 2x4s for suspension.

A few companies off air and hydrolic assists for their coil-overs which combines the best of both. You get the better ride of coil-overs and the height adjustablity of air or hydro.