Alignment specs compilation thread

Jm12

I'm hoping we can compile a list of alignment specifications from those who have had their car professionally aligned (or if you can otherwise measure them). Please post what you're trying to set the car up for as well (cruising, track, autoX, etc) and your likes/dislikes/general thoughts around your current alignment setup. I'll throw mine in after Wednesday, but a starting point would be great.

Last edited:

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Not sure if I'd call @OptimizePrime a professional but we did the alignment on my car in his garage. I only say that because I've never had a professional work for beer and HEB Reaper Cheese Puffs. Also professionals usually do the work for you, as opposed to handing you professional level tools and advice and supervising while continuously asking you what brake pads you run (Power Stop Z23 on the front, btw). I also made a few adjustments at home. From my notes:

LeftFrontRight
-1.4Camber-1.5
7.9Caster8.1
0.15Toe (in)0.14

LeftRearRight
-1.2Camber-0.9
0Toe0

16psi front / 18 psi rear on a square 225/45R17 Falken RT615K+ setup

So far I've done one autocross and plan to do more, although it's very much not about competition for me. I'll do some mountain runs once I have the car a bit more sorted and I'd like to do a track day at Road Atlanta at some point.

I wouldn't change a thing for now. It tracks straight down the road, the steering has the right amount of self-centering to me, and it handles well enough that I'm not capable of taking full advantage of its abilities. I'm a proponent of always driving the car with the same setup, but at some point here I'll play with airing down and stiffening shocks for an autocross. I wasn't able to get any more camber on the rear with the hardware I had at the time, but I'll probably add some camber bolts and maybe slot the coilover mounts to get those numbers up.

Jokes aside, huge shoutout to @OptimizePrime and the WNC crew.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I did mine to the exact specs that Lonny and Adam outlined in their instructions. I handles like a dream tracks straight,,, hands free on the road. I would say it is perfect for cruising... Looks like you guys have the racing stuff covered.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I did mine to the exact specs that Lonny and Adam outlined in their instructions. I handles like a dream tracks straight,,, hands free on the road. I would say it is perfect for cruising... Looks like you guys have the racing stuff covered.
That's the numbers I was shooting for & was the info I supplied to the guys that did my alignment. Car tracks great "hands off" so I have no complaints. This car was set up for the road & will never be on the track. Well maybe one time run a 1/4 mile.

Attachments

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Found this on the web. Seems like good info.

Camber works differently depending on how you set the angle (whether it’s positive or negative) and the type of suspension your car has. It can be adjusted to suit different driving styles.

Most vehicles have a slight amount of positive camber by default; this makes them easier to steer and more stable over bumpy roads. Negative camber, on the other hand, is used to help cars to grip the road better while cornering.

Ideal wheel camber angles for different applications:

0° to -0.5°: Drag racing
-1° to -2°: Weekend canyon runs and spirited daily driving
-2° to -3°: Frequent track days and competitive use
-3° to -6°: Drifting
-7° to -10°: Aesthetic with controllable wheel damage
-10°+: Aesthetics, asking for wheel damage