Another Harness Mistake

SwerveMonkey

That depends on state requirements also.... I know Bar-air had to have a CAT.
Ahhhh, cool... then I need to connect the dots on the CAT electrical connection before thinning that out completely

Also I answered my own question after going back and thinking of a novel approach to BradR's electrical spreadsheet
please use this guys, it is awesome!
I had not thought to simply Ctrl+F to look for Green/White wire color... found it in the BCM X1 connector which I believe translate to the White/Blue connector on the BCM J1 spot

two down two to go... hand brake ground will stay in-situ and the KeyLock B10 has a termination on the BCM J1 ( suspicion, will verify and confirm )

I still need to know what to do with the EVAP wire, and what the body to engine connector green wire does/goes to

SwerveMonkey

Bump for any updates

still looking for answers regarding the EVAP wire, I think I'll have to end up sourcing a new canister for the NYS cat requirements

and the unlabeled wire that terminates at the body to engine connector...
I can't for the life of me find the connector to trace back where the green wire goes...
not sure if this is a required wire/connection

So i have exhausted my efforts to research and figure this one out on my own... gotta ask for help now.
so here goes...

1. I have a spare wire coming from the body to engine connector that I don't know what to do with.
    • light green
    • in position E-1 if you are looking at the connector head on
    • runs to the BCM housing currently, along with other loose wires that ARE accounted for
  2. Need to confirm: I can either thin out or safely route for later use the evap pump wire

bradr

BAR-AIR deleted the EVAP stuff and registered in NYS. He indicated that the in person inspection has to do with checking for stolen parts, not emissions related. Based on his input and my research my plan is:
  • Run custom exhaust with factory cat(s) rather than a muffler
  • Delete the EVAP canister and the EVAP valve on the engine block
  • Use HP tuners to delete any codes as a result.
Question 1: When I get home I will look at my notes for you.

Question 2: Assuming you are deleting the EVAP canister, you can ditch the Red/White wire. It is simply power for the EVAP Solenoid (not pump) and then the other side of the Solenoid is grounded by the ECM/PCM to activate the Solenoid.

bradr

The only light green wire in my engine to body interconnect is the reverse light wire. It goes from the switch on the transmission all the way to the reverse lights at the back of the car.

SwerveMonkey

The only light green wire in my engine to body interconnect is the reverse light wire. It goes from the switch on the transmission all the way to the reverse lights at the back of the car.
thank you for the cross check ! :- D
reverse light?!? I'll see if i can trace back from the tail lamps then... this thing has to be noted somewhere
I'll double back and check again

SwerveMonkey

after rewatching the original wiring section i noticed that the ignition assembly has a spot that the keylock would normally go in... this is confirmation enough for me that I can delete those wires fully in the manual build

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
You've gone and done it, SwerveMonkey. You've unintentionally convinced me to proceed with my harness using the old videos.

(You, and the beautiful and sunny 65 degrees it is outside, today)

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Oh, that's cool ... I'll hang tight then. No need to botch it now when it's so close to done. Thanks for letting us know.

SwerveMonkey

@Lonny, TEN-FOUR!!
I've been preoccupied anyway having to convert and cover my wiring table as a quarantine clean zone... long story short, I am a Particle Accelerator operator in Long Island, Ny and are taking extreme precautions using my Rad-Worker Job training... essentially I imagine the outside work world is a radiation waste zone and have my garage as a buffer zone now.
I'll hold off and keep an eye out for the next vids, thanks & stay safe!