Anyone install an Auto-blip? I'm having some trouble

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Lose control of the throttle, as in it doesn't work or something worse? Sounds like this is a question for their tech services to answer, if you followed their instructions for set up. Works once, then doesn't, sounds like the unit is not sensing something - clutch, brake, throttle - after initially having these inputs. Giving them a call is probably your best solution.

BSinvestments

Lose control of the throttle, as in it doesn't work or something worse? Sounds like this is a question for their tech services to answer, if you followed their instructions for set up. Works once, then doesn't, sounds like the unit is not sensing something - clutch, brake, throttle - after initially having these inputs. Giving them a call is probably your best solution.
The car throws every pedal code and goes into a limp mode after if “works” I emailed them and they're response was basically its been installed in many goblins and it's probably wired wrong.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hmm, yours is the first Goblin install I remember reading about. With only 6 wires to install (and you've done much more complicated wiring for your Goblin) I'd have to assume you didn't mess up the wiring. The one thing that I would check is the ground connection, if this is not truly a good ground it could cause some electronics to do weird things. A 'reboot' and recalibration is probably the best next path - unless this is just a bad unit to begin with. Sorry this is not working as advertised.

ATMironov

The car throws every pedal code and goes into a limp mode after if “works” I emailed them and they're response was basically its been installed in many goblins and it's probably wired wrong.
When you turn the car off then back on it all resets?

ATMironov

I installed an auto-blip in my car and am having some trouble getting it to work. Followed the instructions and wired to the Lt Blue and Dark blue wires on the app sensor. The blip works once. Throws codes and I lose control of the throttle. I'm at a bit of a loss. 2007 lsj donar

When I was setting up a new Clutch and Brake switch for my aftermarket pedals, I had to remove the Position Sensors in favor for on/off switches.

I did a bunch of testing and found that if the voltage was out of range of the ECU was looking for the car car would fault and would only reset after you turned the car off.
Any chance you can test the voltage outputs of the AB?

Dale E

Silly question! Why do you have to be stepping on the brake and clutch pedals at the same time for the autoblip to work?

Per the instruction manual -- The AUTO-BLiP monitors your automobile’s accelerator pedal, brake pedal, and clutch pedal, blipping the throttle only when the clutch pedal is being depressed while simultaneously braking.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
When you turn the car off then back on it all resets?
This got me thinking after seeing this in the instructions: 12V wire - Suggestion: tap the wire behind pin #16 at OBD2.
Is pin #16 on the OBD plug hot all the time? Does the blip controller need to have a constant 12V to retain it's settings? This would be a good question to ask the manufacturer.

ATMironov

Silly question! Why do you have to be stepping on the brake and clutch pedals at the same time for the autoblip to work?

Per the instruction manual -- The AUTO-BLiP monitors your automobile’s accelerator pedal, brake pedal, and clutch pedal, blipping the throttle only when the clutch pedal is being depressed while simultaneously braking.
This would be to avoid having to heal toe for a down shift.
You wouldn’t want it to blip at any other time.

ATMironov

Maybe try turning the duration to its minimum setting, and see if that still triggers the fault.
If the unit is supplying too much voltage, it could be causing the fault

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Pin 16 of DLC should be powered all of the time.

I’ve searched this before and never found anything saying that these have ever been installed on a Cobalt.

ATMironov

I installed an auto-blip in my car and am having some trouble getting it to work. Followed the instructions and wired to the Lt Blue and Dark blue wires on the app sensor. The blip works once. Throws codes and I lose control of the throttle. I'm at a bit of a loss. 2007 lsj donar

Can you also post photos of all your wiring connections?
Everything I have found with your same
Issue is wiring related.

I would be interested in this if it actually works.

Last edited:

BSinvestments

Pin 16 of DLC should be powered all of the time.

I’ve searched this before and never found anything saying that these have ever been installed on a Cobalt.
Hmm. This might be it. I didn't use one pin 16. I used a known ignition power source I run my gauges off. I've started at this for an hour. This is why I ask questions.

I'll report back after I change the wiring

ATMironov

Hmm. This might be it. I didn't use one pin 16. I used a known ignition power source I run my gauges off. I've started at this for an hour. This is why I ask questions.

I'll report back after I change the wiring
I think as long as the unit has consistent power, it should work.

BSinvestments

Update.
Rewired the unit. Constant power. Good ground. Same code. P2138 and reduced engine power.

I bought one and installed it today. It seems to be working as it should. But, my car doesn’t drive right now, so I can only test it sitting still.
What wires on the pedal did you connect to ?