Arkansas registration


Well-Known Member
I am trying to figure out how to register a DF Goblin here in Arkansas.
So far everything I have found, the Goblin doesn't quite fit.
I know that there are Goblins here in Arkansas, just don't know how they titled this kit.
This mentions 3 ways to title a hot rod in Arkansas.
Methods 1 & 2 both require a VIN number… Does a new DF Goblin have a VIN number?
Method 3 is modeled after the SEMA model... Which refers to vehicles that replicate existing old vehicles.
Arkansas now defines a street rod as "an altered vehicle manufactured before 1949" and a custom as "an altered vehicle at least 25 years old and manufactured after 1948." And like the Virginia law, kit cars and replicars will get tagged as being the same model year as the car they aim to replicate. So a freshly built '32 Ford would be a 1932 Ford, and a new Cobra would be a 1960's car on the books.
A custom-built car is a motor vehicle that is at least 25 years old and of a model year after 1948..
An antique vehicle registration may be needed for historic/classic cars that are unaltered from the original and are preserved


Well-Known Member
You will get a serial/vin/sequence # from DFkitcar. I bught a plate with it on evay with my # on it and riveted it to the frame.

You will have to take the car and the orgin of manufacture the state police. They pretty much just make sure the numbers match and that is it.

I will look tomorrow to see what code the dmv assigned to our cars. Maybe that will help you along some.


Active Member
Anymore information on how to register in AR? I didn't receive a VIN from DF . I am active duty in VA at the moment. Will i have to transport the vehicle to AR to get this done? Thanks in advance.


Well-Known Member
You should get a VIN from DF. They almost forgot when I picked up the kit, but Lonny grabbed a riveter, and a vin plate, and quickly put one on the frame, behind the drivers seat, above the gas tank.

I didn't have to bring the car in. Did the paperwork at the Arkansas DMV, paid taxes on it. The lady hadn't done a kit car in 18 years, so she had to contact Little Rock DMV, and the next day, she knew how to do it. No inspection.


Well-Known Member
No I don't. The DMV lady filled in the form electronically. I just provided:

- Title to the Cobalt, on the back it was signed over to me.
- bill of sale for Cobalt
- A Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO), also known as a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) for the DF Goblin kit
- bill of sale for the DF kit
- cash

Then my title came in the mail in 4 or 5 weeks. I started insurance shopping.
When I got the title, I showed insurance, and paid $2 for a plate, as I had already paid for registration.