Assembly videos

Markm

With the support from the forum and the V2 project I don’t think they will make those videos.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Start looking at other build logs and the helpful photo gallery. Thats where Im at. Ask questions with pictures and cartoon pointing arrows, people will respond.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Because youre have trouble like many others through the forums have? Im downloading and saving pictures left and right for reference. Im sure there are many other reasons why V2 will be partially assembled, but not because DF doesn't/didnt't want to complete another set of videos. It just doesnt seem to make sense when so many builds are being completed with just the help of the community and pictures, as well when new tickets are on the horizon.

Are you already running and assembling stage 2?

Jason d

Because youre have trouble like many others through the forums have? Im downloading and saving pictures left and right for reference. Im sure there are many other reasons why V2 will be partially assembled, but not because DF doesn't/didnt't want to complete another set of videos. It just doesnt seem to make sense when so many builds are being completed with just the help of the community and pictures, as well when new tickets are on the horizon.

Are you already running and assembling stage 2?
Would have been easier with all the steps and videos no?
Yeah you can do it through forums but I’m sure you used the first steps with their videos and woulda been easier using the next set of videos.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
By the time the videos were done holding my hand, I was ready to walk by myself and finished the car with the help of the "helpful photo albums" thread and others' build logs. YMMV, of course, and this isn't meant disrespectfully.

Jason d

By the time the videos were done holding my hand, I was ready to walk by myself and finished the car with the help of the "helpful photo albums" thread and others' build logs. YMMV, of course, and this isn't meant disrespectfully.
Not everyone is born a mechanic,
All I’m saying is it woulda been easier for everyone who wants to build one with a full set of build videos then just half.
And not everyone is on forums

Jason d

You must not have seen my build log, haha!
No I haven’t
I’m sure it’s super helpful but for someone new to building and car stuff and even forums. I’m sure it would just be easier with a complete build video log.
Someone new isn’t guna be oh I need check out arks log,
All I’m saying a complete video build would be helpful instead of just figuring it out

LLBenJ

You're not the first one to struggle with a Goblin build.

Step through the videos (they are not all-inclusive to year/model), set small goals, and eat away at it.

DF has publicly admitted that it relies on the forum members to support builders. The builders here are very helpful but triple check their suggestions and get a second opinion if needed. I could not have completed my build, without the support of the members here, but I also received bad information from the forum as well. This was costly both monetarily and in time. Reach out to friends and family who are mechanically inclined to back you up.

You'll get your car built, enjoy it, and have the pride in a "built not bought" project complete.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Most build logs can be titled "Not Everyone is Born a Mechanic".

I must've read every build log using the same year/model donor as mine and I was prepared for a lot of the common issues, but I still managed to prove there are things you know that you don't know and even more things you don't know that you don't know.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I could not have completed my build, without the support of the members here, but I also received bad information from the forum as well.

You'll get your car built, enjoy it, and have the pride in a "built not bought" project complete.
This is the case with any things really. Most of the time you get good helpful information but there is always the chance of bad information. I know it can be hard to determine what is what.
I like that second statement. There is a pride that comes with it all once completed (although you never really are done).

I must've read every build log using the same year/model donor as mine and I was prepared for a lot of the common issues, but I still managed to prove there are things you know that you don't know and even more things you don't know that you don't know.
I would defenitely look through all the builds. Plus, look on the YouTube for other build videos. I know Goonzquad (they skip a lot), Aaron Buley, Tom Anderson and some others have videos of things that helped get me over the line. That and lots of questions here in the forum.
I tried to catalog a lot of items in my build well, so look there too.

Dale E

So, you want build videos completed for a basic Goblin V1 build? Probably won't happen! But, then again, when you start your K engine based build the basic Goblin V1 videos are useless anyway. Anyone deviating from a basic build is winging it -- mechanical back ground, astronaut, or McDonalds dish washer. If you can't find the information somewhere on the forum or by asking others who have already built, then you are on your own. There are many forum topics on personal builder write ups with pictures, documents, file attachments, and reference websites that should get your Goblin up and running. Be patient. Get stumped? Walk away for a few hours/days and revisit. Research and learn more to build your knowledge base. Invite friends to come along and share a second idea. You're the master of your journey. Make it volcanic or St. Thomas, USVI, Megan's beach!

The Goblin community is willing to help.

Carry on - and great luck!!

Ross

Goblin Guru
All I’m saying a complete video build would be helpful instead of just figuring it out
I too wondered why the DF build videos weren't a complete set.

When I turned the key on my build, it didn't start. :(
So I had to do research, and debug my car's issues.
That is when Google and this forum come into play, as you just can't make videos for every possible way a build can have issues.

By the time you have done the DF build videos, you are ready to make the next step.
Just figure it out.
You can do this, we can help.

Goblinfanclub1234

the photo albums were very helpful for things like brake reservoir relocation and assembling front suspension!!!

Jason d

I get it we all wanna defend them, and yours in done and you figured it out or asked for help but I’m tryna speak for the new ones who don’t know, and might just rely on videos and don’t know how forums work,

you start a video build log and then stop and says coming soon, but you need to rely on others help for the rest. lol make it make sense

Jason d

Would it be great if the videos were done, yes. Can you finish it without, definitely.
I totally agree, all I’m saying is it would be easier for newcomers with a finished set of videos , that’s all but yes it’s proven that you can complete them without videos