Big tired and temps.

Tinkles

Those of you running wide "race" tires(like 255+ R888Rs). Are you able to get a proper amount of heat into them? I picked 245(front) and 275(rear) because I didn't have confidence in the car being able to get proper heat into larger tires with how light it is.

Ross

Goblin Guru
After a 70 second run on the autocross track my 315 tires were picking up all the rocks on the road and throwing them.
Kind of like 4 fireworks wheels all set off at the same time... but using rocks instead of sparks.

Jermey's A7 tires are always covered in rocks too.

So if you drive the car hard, I think it will get the tires up to temp.

Tinkles

Are you using tire blankets or other things to help keep the temp in the tires between runs?

Ross

Goblin Guru
No. I was teasing Jermey that he needs heated tire wraps, because he is a hard core racer, and I bring my street car Goblin to the event.
Those would help, but the tires basically start cold each run.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
You can totally drive Hoosiers on the road lol!
At least the A6/A/7 are DOT legal.

Autocross specific tires are designed to warm up to temp very fast. Most say that they are perfect temp for your 2nd and 3rd runs. Avon a11 Hoosier r35 and Hoosier a7 are super quick to heat up. And if you want a street able tire NT01 is pretty good I think toyo makes them with their super soft compound.