Bill's Street/Track Goblin - 2007 SS/SC - Chassis #204

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Thanks Ark. I saw that and really didn't want to pay $110 for this but I may not have much of a choice.
You could probably find a pair of them on a 5-speed Cobalt in a junk yard. They'd be a pain in the ass to get out, but maybe worth it if you don't want to spend the $$$.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Well that wasn't mentioned anywhere. Any thoughts on where I can get replacements?
DF still has the old instructions from 200 kits ago where they don't reuse the Cobalt brackets, they changed and didn't update their stuff. Most people throw these away. I know I did.

I bought the OTTP ones Ark has listed, they don't fit due to the threaded rod size mismatch but I have a 3d printed solution or you can weld a larger rod in.

Goblin Guru
Can anyone think of a good way to reinforce these plastic clamps? A coating, or some other voodoo? It might help some of us that want something a little better than stock, but don't want to install aftermarket ones.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
JB weld could be liberally applied, which would be very hard and rigid, but not sure what surface to apply it too. I would have to look at my parts, but I may see if this works at some point. Just trying to think outside the box on this one. :p

Goblin Guru
JB Weld isn't a bad idea. Maybe it could also be used as the solution for the OTTP clamps that don't fit on the DF rods.

SACTX

@ToxicBill Shoot me a message and we can hook up at Ace Hardware and I can give them to you. Should be able to meet after 4:30 or 5 today. Tomorrow is tough but can make it if that works better.

ToxicBill

I have some interest in modifying the shifter setup but I want to get everything stock working first before I go changing stuff.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If you use the cool aftermarket ones, you will have to modify them, as the DF rods don’t fit the clamping area of the connectors. I have one stock connection if you need it.

ToxicBill

Ok, I'm trying to run my clutch line to the transmission. I have it connected but I wanted to make sure it looked "right". I know that whole are is tight between the trans and the fuse box but I had a bear of a time getting the line connected.

Probably the most questionable is that the piece that connects the clutch line to the trans (2nd picture) feels like it should sit the in a certain way but I have to lift it to turn it slightly to line up with the pipe coming from the front of the car.

I'm not even sure if I'm going to be able to get a wrench on the border valve with the lack of space in there.

Yeah, I probably should have connected that before I did the wiring. Live and learn I guess

Attachments