Brett W’s City Goblin – 09 SS Donor #229 v2.0 - Registered

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Is the DF shifter setup really that much of an upgrade from his aluminum setup?
Gonna find out. Messing with one at goblin fest, it was much easier then any of the others I have used, so gonna give it a try. Plus it should free up some space on top of the tower so I can add more do-dads.

Brett

Ok, so over the last 3k miles, I have been randomly getting a p0299 turbo underboost code. In the beginning, it didn't bother me too much. I recently installed the 3bar map sensors and a GM Stage 1 tune and started getting the p0299 more consistently. When this code triggered, the car would stop generating boost. After trying the obvious things of tightening all the intake hoses, I will still getting a p0299, especially under hard accelerating.

I replaced the LNF Bypass vacuum switch solenoid and the wastegate control solenoid actuator and it appears to have fixed the problem.

15 - 20 psi of boost never felt so glorious. This thing is a missel. Its insane.

Sebnuts

I replaced the LNF Bypass vacuum switch solenoid and the wastegate control solenoid actuator and it appears to have fixed the problem.
I had the same problem when I was getting the donor up and running. Ended up being the wastegate solenoid (I replaced the bypass solenoid first and that didn't fix it).

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Ok, so over the last 3k miles, I have been randomly getting a p0299 turbo underboost code. In the beginning, it didn't bother me too much. I recently installed the 3bar map sensors and a GM Stage 1 tune and started getting the p0299 more consistently. When this code triggered, the car would stop generating boost. After trying the obvious things of tightening all the intake hoses, I will still getting a p0299, especially under hard accelerating.

15 - 20 psi of boost never felt so glorious. This thing is a missel. Its insane.
Well, that should cut at least 3 seconds off your autoX runs……….. ;)