Bullet shifter question

Metal Mech

Did a search and sort of found my answer but I’m looking for the exact answer.
Any one that has installed the bullet shifter. Does it need any extra holes drilled or does it just used the eight holes already drilled into the tunnel?

Mahkoi

If you are talking about the upgraded shifter from DF then yes I had to drill some more holes in the tunnel. Not sure if the frames have changed on the later frames. The new shifter wasn't available when ordered my frame so I don't know if the new frames are drilled for the new tunnel cap for the DF shifter.

Metal Mech

If you are talking about the upgraded shifter from DF then yes I had to drill some more holes in the tunnel. Not sure if the frames have changed on the later frames. The new shifter wasn't available when ordered my frame so I don't know if the new frames are drilled for the new tunnel cap for the DF shifter.
Yeah logic is telling me 8 holes isn’t enough.
Did it still reuse the old one and just needed to drill extra?
Trying to figures out how to proceed. I don’t currently have the cash to buy the shifter set, but want to drill out any holes in the tunnel before I install the floor pans. I really should have tried to do that before powder cost.

Mahkoi

It's hard to remember. I never installed my old tunnel cap but had it powdercoated then the DF shifter became available about halfway through my build. I think a few of the holes line up if I remember but from what I just checked the new 3 piece cap for the new shifter requires 10 holes per side of the tunnel. I had the floor pans installed when I had to drill my new holes and had no issues. I did leave the two very rear rivets out since the firewall is close and I couldn't get my drill in straight on them but everything is tight with no rattles.

Mahkoi

This will give you an idea. There are additional holes around the shifter then more at the seams of the three piece cover.
20230602_212941.jpg

Metal Mech

This will give you an idea. There are additional holes around the shifter then more at the seams of the three piece cover. View attachment 40807
Awesome thank you. Yeah looks like a bunch of extra drilling. Guess I will just have to wait it out.
Just figured be easier if I could do it while frame was upside down with no floors.