Button Panel Wiring

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Store links:
Wiring Harness (with or without buttons)
Button Panel Set

We received our pre-wired button harnesses.

Button wiring - bundles.jpg

One end matches the wires coming from your dash harness and the other ends are pairs that go to your buttons and already have the correct resistance pre-wired.
This makes it super easy to wire buttons wherever you want them.
Button wiring - single.jpg

Wiring harness only (early or late model). $40
Button wiring - harness baggie.jpg

Wiring harness with 9 buttons. (Three toggle buttons and six momentary buttons) $70
Button wiring - harness and buttons.jpg

Wiring harness complete kit. (harness, hardware, and button panels) $175
Button wiring - complete kit.jpg

I attached a PDF for those of you that are curious.
Also, the harnesses will be shipped with a chart indicating which colored pair is for each button.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Kinda wanted to 3D print my own but that looks like a nice package, but now I may have to consider buying one when I pick my kit up?

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
So does this mean the back orders are shipping now? If so can’t wait to install mine
We do hope to have these shipping out by the end of this week. Those with other items still on back order, we are planning on shipping everything at once though it's on a case by case basis. We know you guys have been so patient & we appreciate it! We're doing our best for you, promises!

Sparvy

Store links:
Wiring Harness (with or without buttons)
Button Panel Set

We received our pre-wired button harnesses.

View attachment 23398

One end matches the wires coming from your dash harness and the other ends are pairs that go to your buttons and already have the correct resistance pre-wired.
This makes it super easy to wire buttons wherever you want them.
View attachment 23399

Wiring harness only (early or late model). $40
View attachment 23400

Wiring harness with 9 buttons. (Three toggle buttons and six momentary buttons) $70
View attachment 23401

Wiring harness complete kit. (harness, hardware, and button panels) $175
View attachment 23402

I attached a PDF for those of you that are curious.
Also, the harnesses will be shipped with a chart indicating which colored pair is for each button.
Do the button panels come with the longer bolts and spacers? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to mount the panels (my kit 2006 ss/SC) did not come with those bits.

Thanks

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Do the button panels come with the longer bolts and spacers? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to mount the panels (my kit 2006 ss/SC) did not come with those bits.

Thanks
Mine came with 2 short and 2 long spacers and bolts

Sparvy

Mine came with 2 short and 2 long spacers and bolts
Ok thanks. I got 4 small spacers, short bolts and nylons nuts. The long bolts and long spacers must have just been missed when packing. A trip to the hardware store solved it.

Thanks

Ok thanks. I got 4 small spacers, short bolts and nylons nuts. The long bolts and long spacers must have just been missed when packing. A trip to the hardware store solved it.

Thanks
I got the standard gauge mounting hardware like you mentioned with the four short spacers. But I also did not get the spacers with my button panel kit. What did you end up using to make the buttons fit? Do you have any pictures?

Sparvy

I got the standard gauge mounting hardware like you mentioned with the four short spacers. But I also did not get the spacers with my button panel kit. What did you end up using to make the buttons fit? Do you have any pictures?
I bought a pair of brass (just got the brass because it was a length I needed) and steel spacers along with longer bolts from a local hardware store. If I remember correctly I got 2" long bolts (2.5" would have been better) in order to push the bottom of the button panel out closer to the outer gauge face edge. I may also put longer bolts and spacers on the top as well so the gauge cluster plug can be unplugged without having to unfortunately it from the frame.

Attachments

I bought a pair of brass (just got the brass because it was a length I needed) and steel spacers along with longer bolts from a local hardware store. If I remember correctly I got 2" long bolts (2.5" would have been better) in order to push the bottom of the button panel out closer to the outer gauge face edge. I may also put longer bolts and spacers on the top as well so the gauge cluster plug can be unplugged without having to unfortunately it from the frame.
Appreciate the pictures. That's what I'll do. Thank you for your response.

ATMironov

Because I'm a simpleton and like things crystal clear, this is my understanding of the button wiring
It wouldn't be the worst thing if someone wanted to double check this for me. :)
resistance wire harness drawing S2--2021 03 25 (1).jpg

Button Pannel Wiring - Early Model.jpg

Last edited:

ATMironov

Does anyone know what circuit the Pink Ignition Voltage wire is on? And should it have 12v when the car is on?