Carolina Alignment & Goblin Meet Up

Pick a weekend, any weekend

• Total voters

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Seems like we got ourselves a lil' get together boys. Feels a bit of a stretch to get'er done in 2020 with the way the weekends and holidays shake out - so let's push it to early 2021. The challenge now is figuring out a weekend that works best for everyone - please vote in the poll and we'll lock it in after the new year. You can vote for multiple weekends and we'll just take the winner - I could only put up to 3/20. I don't know how you guys feel about this, but I'm open to anyone who wants to join in on all things cars and/or partake in the Goblin alignment process (full disclosure - I have what's probably labeled as prosumer grade stuff and am far from an expert, but I do have the tools and the space and with enough hands we can knock 'em out).

I'll send my address to those who are on the list - I'll do my best to keep it updated. If it's nice enough out and we're able to go on a cruise, I may have a photographer buddy get some rollers and other shots for us. We can get some pizzas, crabs? :p, have tacos or whatever catered, or grill something like the manly beasts of men we are (.....females also welcome).

To get an idea of travel time, I live in the general vicinity of Matthews, NC.

In there like swimwear:
2. @Lechlis
4. @Kenny123

It's a touchy subject:
1. @Rauq
2. @baustin
3. @SGT MAC
4. @Wes
@Mayor West , @Kenny123, @ncgoblin, @KSLunsfo , @Rauq, @Lechlis, @Batlwagn, @rdesimone, @Wes, @astilly611, @Justinreed7, @Andrewlee92

Last edited:

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I can only confirm my interest at this point... once I get my frame back from powdercoating we'll see how quickly the progress comes.

So put me down as a touchy subject, I guess?
Sounds good man! If it helps gauge a timeframe, it took me ~2 months give or take a week to build it mainly bc of custom stuff. Feel free to cast your vote as things pan out.

Also, people who are interested don't actually have to bring your Goblin but can understand if the drive time makes it not worth it.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
February is sort of a blackout month for me, 4 birthdays spread across every weekend... but I could still make it depending on timing of any events. I'd love to talk shop and meet other builders again.

Wes

I'll come if it isn't cold as crap. We got some white stuff this morning, don't think I'll be taking mine out any time soon lol.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I'll come if it isn't cold as crap. We got some white stuff this morning, don't think I'll be taking mine out any time soon lol.
I hear you lol I have a large winter overhaul I'm hoping to get through before too - throw a vote down for the later months, should hopefully be a little less grizzly

PaulPerger

I didn't vote, but I'd be interested in coming to see a few Goblins, and maybe talk one of you into a ride... I didn't vote, only because I don't know when, but I am moving to Miami Florida in early 2021, and as a result my attendance would be fully dependent on when that move takes place, etc.

Kenny123

Seems like we got ourselves a lil' get together boys. Feels a bit of a stretch to get'er done in 2020 with the way the weekends and holidays shake out - so let's push it to early 2021. The challenge now is figuring out a weekend that works best for everyone - please vote in the poll and we'll lock it in after the new year. You can vote for multiple weekends and we'll just take the winner - I could only put up to 3/20. I don't know how you guys feel about this, but I'm open to anyone who wants to join in on all things cars and/or partake in the Goblin alignment process (full disclosure - I have what's probably labeled as prosumer grade stuff and am far from an expert, but I do have the tools and the space and with enough hands we can knock 'em out).

I'll send my address to those who are on the list - I'll do my best to keep it updated. If it's nice enough out and we're able to go on a cruise, I may have a photographer buddy get some rollers and other shots for us. We can get some pizzas, crabs? :p, have tacos or whatever catered, or grill something like the manly beasts of men we are (.....females also welcome).

To get an idea of travel time, I live in the general vicinity of Matthews, NC.

In there like swimwear:
2. @Lechlis

It's a touchy subject:
1. @Rauq
2. @baustin
3. @SGT MAC
4. @Wes
@Mayor West , @Kenny123, @ncgoblin, @KSLunsfo , @Rauq, @Lechlis, @Batlwagn, @rdesimone, @Wes, @astilly611, @Justinreed7
I'm 100% in! I casted my vote as well. Stoked to meet you all.

KSLunsfo

I shouldn't have an excuse to not be ready for this... the biggest delay I see for myself between now and then is getting through the registration process. I'm still a bit away from even starting that process.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
End of March is lookin like the current frontrunner, I'd prefer later in the early year as well due to high(er) temps and having more people's kits done.

I'd MUCH rather meet everyone and their builds if possible.

Kenny123

End of March is lookin like the current frontrunner, I'd prefer later in the early year as well due to high(er) temps and having more people's kits done.

Agreed. It'll be awesome to really get a crew together and go rip. Can't do that this time of year.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Hey all, we're a month out - are we all still game for 3/20 or did we want to push it a little?

The morning of 3/20 there's a really good car meet that i'll be going to. I'm thinking we formally meet in the afternoon starting around 12 or 1, i'll figure out food options and likely a cruise to ZMax (~30min, https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/ ) where we might be able to take a lap or two on the track and then we can all go our separate ways. i'll get a photographer buddy to take rollers and other shots throughout the day and on the cruise.

We should be seeing consistent 60deg weather during the day but will monitor weather as we get closer. For the 10 that are listed, I'll PM you my address and sync up with specifics.

KSLunsfo

I fully expect I WONT have my Goblin there, but still looking to attend. The other car meet is actually intriguing as well...