Carolina Alignment & Goblin Meet Up

Pick a weekend, any weekend

• Total voters

Kenny123

Hey all, we're a month out - are we all still game for 3/20 or did we want to push it a little?

The morning of 3/20 there's a really good car meet that i'll be going to. I'm thinking we formally meet in the afternoon starting around 12 or 1, i'll figure out food options and likely a cruise to ZMax (~30min, https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/ ) where we might be able to take a lap or two on the track and then we can all go our separate ways. i'll get a photographer buddy to take rollers and other shots throughout the day and on the cruise.

We should be seeing consistent 60deg weather during the day but will monitor weather as we get closer. For the 10 that are listed, I'll PM you my address and sync up with specifics.
I'm 100%down.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Hey all, we're a month out - are we all still game for 3/20 or did we want to push it a little?

The morning of 3/20 there's a really good car meet that i'll be going to. I'm thinking we formally meet in the afternoon starting around 12 or 1, i'll figure out food options and likely a cruise to ZMax (~30min, https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/ ) where we might be able to take a lap or two on the track and then we can all go our separate ways. i'll get a photographer buddy to take rollers and other shots throughout the day and on the cruise.

We should be seeing consistent 60deg weather during the day but will monitor weather as we get closer. For the 10 that are listed, I'll PM you my address and sync up with specifics.
I will try to make this sounds awesome!

Wes

What car meet? What's the event at the track? Didn't see anything on their website. I'll make it happen though if there's something going on!

Kenny123

What car meet? What's the event at the track? Didn't see anything on their website. I'll make it happen though if there's something going on!
A bunch of us from South Carolina and North Carolina decided to do a little meet and get all the cars alignment done together and then go for a little cruise.

Kenny123

Talk about incentivizing a target... I'm guessing I won't be registered by then but it'll be tight to have the car running. I'm hoping to get my first startup this week.
Dude I'm still not registered.... taking forever to get the title... I'll be towing mine to the meet and then risking a little cruise.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
If you're talking about the one in the morning, there's a Waxhaw Caffeine & Horsepower that has really good turnout with all types of cars from exotics to rat rods - if the weather works out, it's basically the first known meet of the year post winter. I've had to get to these things at 7am to get a decent parking spot.

For ZMax, I have to call them to confirm and/or set something up but they let people take laps during cars and coffee for $10 which goes to charity and I know they're letting people take a lap after they get the vaccine. We could also go to the Nascar Hall of Fame in uptown Charlotte which is probably a better idea ( https://www.nascarhall.com/ )

baustin

Alright, my schedule is clear on 3/20, count me in. Good reason to take the goblin for a drive.

Wackstack

Seems like we got ourselves a lil' get together boys. Feels a bit of a stretch to get'er done in 2020 with the way the weekends and holidays shake out - so let's push it to early 2021. The challenge now is figuring out a weekend that works best for everyone - please vote in the poll and we'll lock it in after the new year. You can vote for multiple weekends and we'll just take the winner - I could only put up to 3/20. I don't know how you guys feel about this, but I'm open to anyone who wants to join in on all things cars and/or partake in the Goblin alignment process (full disclosure - I have what's probably labeled as prosumer grade stuff and am far from an expert, but I do have the tools and the space and with enough hands we can knock 'em out).

I'll send my address to those who are on the list - I'll do my best to keep it updated. If it's nice enough out and we're able to go on a cruise, I may have a photographer buddy get some rollers and other shots for us. We can get some pizzas, crabs? :p, have tacos or whatever catered, or grill something like the manly beasts of men we are (.....females also welcome).

To get an idea of travel time, I live in the general vicinity of Matthews, NC.

In there like swimwear:
2. @Lechlis
4. @Kenny123

It's a touchy subject:
1. @Rauq
2. @baustin
3. @SGT MAC
4. @Wes
@Mayor West , @Kenny123, @ncgoblin, @KSLunsfo , @Rauq, @Lechlis, @Batlwagn, @rdesimone, @Wes, @astilly611, @Justinreed7, @Andrewlee92
I know I'm late for the party. Keep me in mind for the next meet-up. I'm in Statesville.