Cigarette Lighter Port / Plug Wiring

GoblinGuyZ

Hey all I got my Goblin pre built and would like to add a cig lighter accessory port and wondering for those who have which wire you used to power it? TIA

lksohm

That depends on what you are planning do do with the port to some degree. If you want power all the time you can use a battery power pink wire from the BCM. If you only want power to the plug when you have the key on find a BCM wire to plug into that is key power.
You will want to make sure the circuit is rated for the amps you want. if you want to use a cigarette lighter then you will want a larger amp circuit. If you just want to charge a phone, most circuits should be able to handle it.
If the donor was similar to my '07 LSJ I can find a few options for you when I get home.

GoblinGuyZ

That depends on what you are planning do do with the port to some degree. If you want power all the time you can use a battery power pink wire from the BCM. If you only want power to the plug when you have the key on find a BCM wire to plug into that is key power.
You will want to make sure the circuit is rated for the amps you want. if you want to use a cigarette lighter then you will want a larger amp circuit. If you just want to charge a phone, most circuits should be able to handle it.
If the donor was similar to my '07 LSJ I can find a few options for you when I get home.
06 LSJ, would appreciate that tremendously. Probably for powering a laptop for tuning or logging would be the most power I think, maybe small tire air compressor at the track. Only needed when car is on. Give me metal to weld and something to fabricate and I'm on it but electrical stuff isn't my favorite altho I'm able to handle it when necessary. Thanks!

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
There should be a red wire with white stripe in the wire bundle near the instrument cluster that’s taped off. It’s an extra circuit left by Df for such a thing like a cig/accessory port.

GoblinGuyZ

There should be a red wire with white stripe in the wire bundle near the instrument cluster that’s taped off. It’s an extra circuit left by Df for such a thing like a cig/accessory port.
Thanks I'll look for it. Don't remember seeing when I was setting up my push button start but will look again

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I swapped out my ACC switch on the guage panel so I could toggle on/off power to my port. Pink/white wire in to the switch, then out goes to the port. Ground went to frame.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The Cobalt came with 2 auxillary power ports. One on a 15A fuse, the other on a 20A fuse.
The 20A fuse is a red wire with a white stripe, out of fuse block C2, in position C11.
You can trace it further here.

Last edited:

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I used my extra power wires in the harness for boost and AFR gauges, so I used a tap-a-fuse on the sunroof fuse at the BCM. The sunroof is a RAP circuit, so it stays hot for several minutes after key-off before it turns off.