Clutch pipe

Lokian

I broke what looks like the bleeder part of my clutch pipe. The pipe that runs in between the master and slave. In the pic below it is part # 4. What is needed to complete the kit from DF. What parts do I need to replace.
TY!

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
That will come w the kit. The tube that is. Keep the aluminum "block" that attaches to the transmission

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
This is the part he’s referring to. The plastic line should go to this piece on the transmission line:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Towerdog, you and I have the LSJ engine with the F35 transmission. Lokian does not have this...
Lokian I am not sure what you get, but I do know what Towerdog was mentioning for the F35 transmission.
I think you have the F23 transmission?

Lokian

Towerdog, you and I have the LSJ engine with the F35 transmission. Lokian does not have this...
Lokian I am not sure what you get, but I do know what Towerdog was mentioning for the F35 transmission.
I think you have the F23 transmission?
correct. My connection is not a male on the transmission but a female. I think the F35 is a male that requires that seal everyone keeps referencing :)

Lokian

Anyone with a F23 transmission be able to take some pictures of the master cylinder connections?

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Anyone with a F23 transmission be able to take some pictures of the master cylinder connections?
Does this help? This is the plastic connection to the Throw Out Bearing (and not the master cylinder, which wouldn't be different between f35 vs f23)

@Lokian I have this clutch pipe btw and I'm not using it -- you'll need to get a few of the retainer clips though. lmk

Last edited:

Lokian

Does this help? This is the plastic connection to the Throw Out Bearing (and not the master cylinder, which wouldn't be different between f35 vs f23)

View attachment 21337

@Lokian I have this clutch pipe btw and I'm not using it -- you'll need to get a few of the retainer clips though. lmk
what replaced that plastic piece in your build? Im assuming you have it installed already and if you do, can you please take a pic of that connection and the connection on the master cylinder. Im trying to figure out if that part is needed or not. Thanks :)

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I'm probably not the right person to ask this as my build is an outlier when it comes to this. I went from F35 to F23 and used the F35 Throw Out Bearing / Pipe / Clutch Pipe Fitting on the F23 trans.

Here's what a normal f23 tob / pipe looks like on the inside

Here's what a normal DF Goblin MC looks like

Last edited:

Lokian

does that line that goes into the MC and run to the back plug directly into the slave on the outside of the transmission?

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
does that line that goes into the MC and run to the back plug directly into the slave on the outside of the transmission?
I updated one of the pics, the MC is for the brakes. The clutch hardline feeds directly from the pedal, gets it's fluid from the reservoir, and connects to your plastic clutch pipe fitting on the trans

KSLunsfo

I'm probably not the right person to ask this as my build is an outlier when it comes to this. I went from F35 to F23 and used the F35 Throw Out Bearing / Pipe / Clutch Pipe Fitting on the F23 trans.
I wonder if some type of adapter (to connect with the existing DF hardline to the F23 style connector) could be utilized to keep everything original on the transmission side...

Lokian

I updated one of the pics, the MC is for the brakes. The clutch hardline feeds directly from the pedal, gets it's fluid from the reservoir, and connects to your plastic clutch pipe fitting on the trans
Thank you. If someone could show me the line going into the F23 I think we'd be golden :)

Lokian

I wonder if some type of adapter (to connect with the existing DF hardline to the F23 style connector) could be utilized to keep everything original on the transmission side...
That is what i'm trying to figure out.. Last part of the hard line into the transmission/slave. The part is $65 that broke and im not sure if it is needed.