Connectors SC

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
The driver side radiator connector is used to power the new radiator fan. You tap into the light blue wire on that connector. The passenger side isn’t used.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
The driver side radiator connector is used to power the new radiator fan. You tap into the light blue wire on that connector. The passenger side isn’t used.
I thought you tapped into the blue wire directly from the black connector in the fuse box? That's what the videos said to do.....

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
As long as it is connected to that wire on the fuse box side, it doesn't really matter where. Of course this is a little higher amp draw, so you don't want to have a lot of unnecessary length, so it's better to splice at the fuse box.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
As long as it is connected to that wire on the fuse box side, it doesn't really matter where. Of course this is a little higher amp draw, so you don't want to have a lot of unnecessary length, so it's better to splice at the fuse box.
Good, I did this. I do have a connector close to the fuse box as the wiring video called for one there.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I thought you tapped into the blue wire directly from the black connector in the fuse box? That's what the videos said to do.....
After I cut out both connectors, I thinned all the wires except for the blue one. I thinned the blue one back closer to the fuse box, but I left a length of it off of the fuse box so I had some slack to make the spade connection. I then wrapped it into the harness when I cleaned everything up with wire loom.