Cruise control

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Here is the late model wiring diagram for the 3rd brake light. I’ll try and check what resistance i get on the load side if the CHMSL fuse in the next few days.

Attachments

Andrewlee92

Any one have a problem like mine. My cruise control works but it will not hold a constant speed it fluctuates up and down. 06 ss/sc tvs and ls4 TB

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Any one have a problem like mine. My cruise control works but it will not hold a constant speed it fluctuates up and down. 06 ss/sc tvs and ls4 TB
It's common on tuned turbo cars. Mine will over/under under it kicks the cruise off. I need to play with some of the "urgency" tables in the cruise throttle/rpm areas to adjust. I don't use the cruise a lot in any of my vehicles, and very little open highway driving in the Goblin so it's been way down the list.

Not sure how common it is on LSJ cars. or what the fix is. Probably will need to adjust the some of the requested boost/throttle settings back closer to stock in the cruise throttle/rpm tables. Might also could be some of the spark tables causing some of the problems.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Fixed my cruise this weekend. Some combination of installing the correct resistor and fixing a flawed solder on the positive of the dash panel switch, made it happen.

Also note, to turn on the cruise control, you toggle the cruise switch on, then press Set/- while at speed to engage it. I've driven Fords all my life, so this is slightly different.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Fixed my cruise this weekend. Some combination of installing the correct resistor and fixing a flawed solder on the positive of the dash panel switch, made it happen.

Also note, to turn on the cruise control, you toggle the cruise switch on, then press Set/- while at speed to engage it. I've driven Fords all my life, so this is slightly different.
Sounds like a new ride-along video is in store?…. ;)

Chubbs

When you first hit the toggle switch, before engaging cruise, does a light come on in the dash to indicate it's "ready"? Or does a light only come once you set it and it's actively working?

Or does a light come on at all?

Rauq

Goblin Guru
The only notification you get is a temporary "Cruise Engaged" notification in the display in the cluster when you hit the set button.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
When you first hit the toggle switch, before engaging cruise, does a light come on in the dash to indicate it's "ready"? Or does a light only come once you set it and it's actively working?

Or does a light come on at all?
What Rauq said. Though I have to admit, I just thought my dash light was busted or something. Kind of odd that we get no indicator other than the temp message.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
The cobalt donor cruise button may have lit up when engaged. But I’m just guessing since I didn’t drive mine.
There was a light in the cruise control button that lit up when the system turned on (at least in an '06 SS/SC), but no additional feedback to indicate that it was engaged. I guess that means a power wire existed for a cruise on (but not engaged) indicator light and could probably be added back or included in a Goblin build, but the switch stays on 100% of the time in my car which would make an indicator light useless to me.

I looked that up in my model's Cobalt Owner's Manual fwiw. If you have a different donor that may be different.