Dastrups Track Goblin #243 - 08 SS TC

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I am running the Powell system. Works well, but low quality plastic seperator.
buy this seperator and a few hoses and you can do it yourself.

dastrups

Oooo have you completed a leakdown or compression test recently? Before you spend money on a powell setup (it's expensive for what it is) I'd recommend just confirming the engine is okay as that sounds like a lot of oil. If you're pressurizing the crankcase such that it's pushing a lot of oil through, there may be some underlying issue to overcome first (piston rings or ringlands causing blow-by).

Ideally you take the pcv in the intake manifold, bring it external and put a catch-can post pcv. flow would be intake manifold > PCV > catch-can > back into intake manifold. Powell's setup and the catch-cans are really a band-aid to try and lessen the coking on the valves but we can't really get away from it completely.

Did you feel comfortable at speed out there (+100mph) with the wing / diffuser ?
It felt comfortable at speed. Probably only did 125mph tops due to ditching trying to find 5th gear but it felt good. I actually didn’t have my diffuser on blbecause of a mounting issue that I am still working on.

dastrups

I am running the Powell system. Works well, but low quality plastic seperator.
buy this seperator and a few hoses and you can do it yourself.

I will have to look into this.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ran across the YouTube video of your trackday at Laguna Seca - nice. Looks like the setup on your Goblin is working well and you turned some pretty good laps. Any times recorded? :D

dastrups

Ran across the YouTube video of your trackday at Laguna Seca - nice. Looks like the setup on your Goblin is working well and you turned some pretty good laps. Any times recorded? :D
Thanks! Just a shakedown so nothing too impressive. Right around 1:50. I want to see if I can get a few things sorted out this coming year and have a real go at it.

dastrups

Ya this thing is freaking worth every penny! Just got done driving it and WOW!!! The car just got a whole lot more fun to drive. I didn’t realize it but before I was kind of limiting how much I would shift and just staying in 3rd a lot more. This was even with the billet shifter upgrade that I had. Now I actually prefer to shift more because it’s so effortless and quick. I find my self seeing how fast I can get from 5th to 2nd because it’s just fun.