DF Goblin #187 - Ride Along

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Hey guys.

I pulled down the original video and replaced it with a new version that has audio. The external mic worked pretty well, I think.

Again, I know this is not exciting material for anyone that drives one of these cars daily, or in auto-x or track. But the target of these videos is going to be, people that are currently building or thinking of buying a kit. When I was making the decision to buy in and while I was building, I consumed every drop of Goblin material I could find, so I wanted to provide more for people who are in the same boat, today.

The 1080P version is ready now, while the 1440P version has been "processing" on YouTube for about 10 hours now.

Enjoy! (I hope...)

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Hey guys.

I recently picked up a knock-off GoPro (an Akaso V50X) and the mount I needed to get it on the Goblin. I mounted it yesterday and took a drive, from work to home, mainly as a way to test two things:
  • The camera's electronic image stabilization
  • The camera's built-in microphone
The electronic image stabilization looks pretty dang good to me. But, the microphone failed horribly; it simply can't handle wind coming at it. So, I will be ordering an external mic in an attempt to be able to capture audio in the future. The drive just isn't the same without the turbo noise and occasional tire chirps!

But, here's my first ride-along video, sans audio. For those of you that track or autocross your Gobs, this is likely the most boring video on earth ... but as I say in the description, I remember when I was building; I consumed every bit of Goblin content I could find, and was left wanting MORE, so hopefully this ride-along is helpful to our current builders.

The 1080P version is ready now, while the 1440P version has been "processing" on YouTube for about 10 hours now. Next time, I want to center than camera's aim better, and aim it lower.

Enjoy! (I hope...)

Heck of a nice drive.
You may have some unused PSI’s left in that turbo……..

:)

Wes

Mount it to the rear bar so it shows the steering wheel, gauges and more of the front of the car, also the side of your head lol.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Mount it to the rear bar so it shows the steering wheel, gauges and more of the front of the car, also the side of your head lol.
That's where it was. It's just aimed too high. First attempt! I'll get a better capture on the second try.