DF Goblin Assembly - Installing the Main Harness and BCM

SkyRay

My Key Fob/TPM module housing is dry rotted and brittle. The lower feet are broken off such that I can’t attach it per the video. I can use double sided tape and a zip tie to fasten it to the wall. However, should I be concerned about water intrusion into the module such that I should get another one? Or, if I use this one, should I go ahead and mount it with double sided tape or will I need to pull it off again for a future build step? Thanks!
BA6C97E3-38FE-4813-A2EB-39E75BB6FF60.jpeg FEBA1B3B-B785-456E-AF44-BDE1BBF17131.jpeg

Brett

My Key Fob/TPM module housing is dry rotted and brittle. The lower feet are broken off such that I can’t attach it per the video. I can use double sided tape and a zip tie to fasten it to the wall. However, should I be concerned about water intrusion into the module such that I should get another one? Or, if I use this one, should I go ahead and mount it with double sided tape or will I need to pull it off again for a future build step? Thanks!
View attachment 26638 View attachment 26639
I had a similar issue and used double stick tape to mount mine. That unit is not water proof so I would not bother with replacing it.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
You could get a small plastic 'hobby' box from eBay or Amazon with a screw on lid, slot it for the wires, and install the module to keep it better protected. I plan to do this with mine, since the box turned into tiny broken pieces when I removed it during donor teardown. ;)