DF Goblin Reddit Page!

Jackets64

It has an extremely large community, it would make it easier for people to find the DF Goblin forums. Plus it’s sometimes just easier to use than some forum pages. Reddit is just a good place for online communities as well as their dedicated forums.

Corgithulhu

I have not used reddit, what would its benefit be?
Reddit is more link-centric content, rather than rolling thread-centric. It's also organized into "subreddits" that are individual forums that sequester themes about just about anything in the world. So each thread usually starts with a link or image or sometimes a text post, and then the comments can discuss, answer the question, etc., and these posts are on-topic to whatever the subreddit is. You may also have posts that can cross-over to other subreddits, e.g. if someone posts a picture of their Goblin on the sub Jackets64 started, you might also want to post it to car photo websites, the /r/kitcar sub, etc.

It's fairly short-term, so you don't get much discussion on something after a day or two on the fastest moving subreddits. Also, the upvote system is meant to work with the site's algorithm so that content that gets more upvotes moves up to be seen first, and downvoted stuff gets moved out of sight. Votes aren't really "likes", more to promote discussion of popular topics that the community agrees is worth it by moving them to be more visible.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Me, I like the forum layout. I've dropped looking at the Facebook pages for several reasons, but partially because there was very little real info sharing on there. Reddit sounds like it would be similar.

Corgithulhu

The traditional forum layout like this one is definitely much better for sharing information, especially about building the cars. I think where that subreddit would be nice is to post pictures/videos, and capture new fans of the Goblins.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Me, I like the forum layout. I've dropped looking at the Facebook pages for several reasons, but partially because there was very little real info sharing on there. Reddit sounds like it would be similar.
I feel the same.
I like what the DFK forums offer, one location to research all my questions, I don’t care to have to search multiple locations for info on build questions.