DF Steering Wheel Kit

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Who makes this wheel? I thought long and hard between alcantara/suede and regular polished leather...

Would be great if you guys could sell the center cap/horn button separately for those of us who already bought wheels.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Who makes this wheel? I thought long and hard between alcantara/suede and regular polished leather...

Would be great if you guys could sell the center cap/horn button separately for those of us who already bought wheels.
It looks almost identical to ours that I got from Assult Industries a while back.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
It looks almost identical to ours that I got from Assult Industries a while back.

My MPI looks a bit like it as well.
62009010-CBCA-4B4F-B9C5-31D4FC7817C7.jpeg

Rauq

Goblin Guru
From what I'm looking at on the assembly, it looks like some drilling is required to run the horn button. Is this the case?

Additionally, I got my wheel installed, and it seems... a little bit less than sturdy. I can post a short video of the wheel creaking as it flexes if that would be helpful. If someone else were to suggest that their wheel feels solid, then I might be inclined to believe that my wheel is not as intended...

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
From what I'm looking at on the assembly, it looks like some drilling is required to run the horn button. Is this the case?

Additionally, I got my wheel installed, and it seems... a little bit less than sturdy. I can post a short video of the wheel creaking as it flexes if that would be helpful. If someone else were to suggest that their wheel feels solid, then I might be inclined to believe that my wheel is not as intended...
I didn’t notice that with mine. Can you post a video and I will compare mine.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Imgur
Video does a better job of demonstrating the sound of the flex than actually visually showing it. But there's exponentially more movement than there was with the original DF wheel.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Yeah I'm not too concerned about the noise, just focused on the flexing that it indicates. I'll try to get a better video from the side and then hopefully someone can chime in as to how normal that is.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Still thinking a passage would need to be drilled through the spline adapter. If anyone's implemented this or come up with a better idea, I'm interested, otherwise it will probably be a little while before I can make a stab at it myself.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Here ya go