Dragon Motorsports 1.0 [Extended\Full-Cage\Double Door Bars] - [Frame #290] - SOLD

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
If you are replacing the bearing I wouldn't spend time removing the old one. Just pull the snap ring and it will slide out.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Sorry, not clear what your saying? leave the old bearing, remove the snap ring and what will slide out?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Remove the snap ring and the steering shaft will slide out of the tube.
You have to unbolt the steering tube from the power steering unit first.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Thanks :) I went back and found the video that describes what you were describing

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Installing collapsible steering shaft but when I turn the shaft it interferes with the edge of the opening at about the 10:00 location.

Has anyone had to enlarge the opening?

jayrolls

Installing collapsible steering shaft but when I turn the shaft it interferes with the edge of the opening at about the 10:00 location.

Has anyone had to enlarge the opening?

I just installed mine and it seems fine. Rotates completely without hitting.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
What year is your donor, mine is a 2010, just took another look at it thinking perhaps I might have pushed it down to far but it hits regardless.

Ross

Goblin Guru
You are the first person I have heard that from. Maybe DF moved the hole? Because the earlier frames needed a little trimming of the firewall to prevent the steering shaft U joint from hitting.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I used a sheet metal nibbler, as I needed about 1/4" of clearance. Depends what tools you have,,, a file, a grinder, a dremel, etc.