Driver side knuckle stuck

Metal Mech

Hey guys. I removed my front suspension today. The drivers side knuckle is still attached to the control arm. I can’t seem to get it off. I even tried a ball joint removal tool.
I had no problems with the passenger side. So not sure what’s to try.
Any suggestions? It’s about half way off.

KingChuck24

Yes I also had this same issue. What I did was put a wedge (I used a pry bar I'm pretty sure) into the knuckle and separated it, then I did a ton of penetrating oil into the knuckle and used a punch to whack it and it popped out. If that doesn't work maybe try wedging it open as well as using a ball joint separator. Heat may help a little as well, make sure only to hit the knuckle with heat though otherwise they will both heat up and the heat won't help, also make sure to avoid the bushing and not to melt it.

Stretch2126

Mine was like that and my friend at the shop just smacked the side of the knuckle with a big hammer instead of trying to directly act on the balljoint. I think it was flat against that seem and the shock unstuck it.

Metal Mech

Mine was like that and my friend at the shop just smacked the side of the knuckle with a big hammer instead of trying to directly act on the balljoint. I think it was flat against that seem and the shock unstuck it.
Yeah I’m gonna give that a try later. It’s not high priority at the moment so will get to it eventually