Ecotec Fuel Rails

Iwanttogofast

I am getting some conflicting information, so I thought that I would check in with the Goblin folks to get the real scoop. I did a search first, and did not see where this has been addressed previously.

My LSJ (2007 SS/SC) was from the rust belt, unfortunately. I've cleaned up, painted, and polished lots of stuff that most of you guys probably haven't had to deal with. Corroded engine brackets, fasteners, badly oxidized aluminum components, etc. One thing left to deal with that is really bothering me is a fuel rail that looks like it has been in the ocean for about a year. I am hearing elsewhere and from friends that Ecotec fuel rails are interchangeable. The fact that OTTP sells a fuel rail that is made for the LSJ, but "also fits the 2.2 and 2.4" seems to support this. Will a 2.2 or 2.4 fuel rail fit my LSJ? I'm not buying the OTTP one, but have a bunch of things to get at my local Pull-A-Part soon. They never have any LSJ's, but if I see a nice, clean fuel rail on a 2.2 or 2.4 Ecotec - Will it transfer and function properly on my LSJ?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
It’s possible the fuel rails to be one way compatible from the lsj to the non sc motors but not the other way if they are a larger diameter to carry more fuel or something similar. Not saying that is the case but it’s possible.

Tinkles

IIRC the different rails mount in slightly different locations, so while they do mount up, the distance from the rail to the fuel injector bungs could change. So your fuel injectors might not seat properly.

I got a brand new LSJ fuel rail off Rock Auto for under $100.